Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New to me 2004 XLR in Xenon Blue

Uzi4U2

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue XLR
Ive love these cars for a long time. My commuter was a Chevy Volt and served me well for 7 years. But Im tired of driving an economical, base, plain ride. Time to get some power, style, and comfort. The XLR has plenty of power, but know its going to need a little work. Already replaced the door switches (cheap and easy). Going to need new trunk struts (on order), and Bilstein shock replacements (has the dreaded squeak, and not paying for the mag shocks). Top has issues, but figure the trunck not staying open is the first known problem to address for with that. The previous owner gave me a simple scan tool (definitely not a Tech2, thats still on my list), replacement hubs, rotors and pads all around It just passed the safety inspection, so those arent "needed" but will probably go on when the new shocks and load simulators do. Got the tire off already, so why not? Oh, and he gave me a NOS steering wheel to replace the current one. Previous owner really tore up the top wood with his wedding ring. Probably have a dealer/mech deal with that due to the air bag. Lastly, one of the fobs wont program so need to investigate that. Been reading a lot on here obviously, so thanks for that and all the info in the future! Hope I can add to the pile of knowledge eventually.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom