Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Paul Graham On the Job

Bowling Green Assembly Plant Performance Press
January 18, 2008

attachment.php

New Bowling Green Assembly Plant Manager Paul Graham hit the ground running on January 7. Coming to us from Kansas’ Fairfax Assembly as assistant plant manager, Paul served an instrumental role in launching the completely redesigned Chevrolet Malibu. In fact, the awardwinning car was named the North American Car of the Year this week.

Over the past two weeks, Paul has stayed busy trying to learn about our processes and products, while meeting and talking with employees along the way. Paul says, “I’ve heard so many great things about this location. It’s known throughout the organization for producing high quality products. When I walked through the plant the first time, I got a real sense of energy from the workforce, and I perceive the workers to be very quality conscious.”

If you haven’t already, you will see Paul on the floor. “I’m a floor person. I like to be hands-on and see the issues for myself. That’s how you get the real pulse of what’s going on in a facility.

Up front I will admit that I’m slow at remembering names, but I remember faces. I really enjoy talking to people. My job is to support the operator, and I’m committed to being visible and accessible.”

What kind of changes can we expect? Paul says, “We need to maintain all the good things that have been put into place here and continue to build on that momentum. In today’s competitive environment, you can’t afford to sit still; you have to get better and better.” Paul explained in Tuesday’s diagonal slice that General Motors has made a lot of progress but continues to face its share of challenges, ranging from the slow U.S. economy to the new CAFE regulations (fleet average of 35 mpg). “We need to do our part in working together to help General Motors remain a viable company in our ever-changing and competitive industry,” Paul said.

Although Paul has worked in seven other assembly locations with GM, he says he has never had the opportunity to get involved with customers on a personal basis. “I’m most excited to work with a car that has such strong customer linkage. Even the XLR is building a strong customer base that organizes events and gatherings. I’m ready to become a part of the customer enthusiasm these two halo vehicles bring with them.”

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom