Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Possible solution for 2004-2005 Radar Cruise Control Module Issues

Johnny Vette

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl
If anyone has an intermittent issue where the Service Radar Control comes on this might help. I have been having this issue for about 6 months, and was looking for a solution or a used Module which people are asking 800 plus for 14 year old modules that might work. Remove both cables off the battery. Once the cables are removed put a lead between both the Negative and positive cable leads for 24 hours. This will reboot all Computers and Modules. Kind of like resetting a Smart phone. Since I have done this the Cruise control has worked flawlessly. What I think caused the problem in my instance was about 6 moths ago I replaced the brake pads and went to cross drilled and slotted Rotors. I think the module was getting signals from the new brakes that there was an issue so sometimes it would work, but most of the time it would not. The jury is still out and I will be much more confident in the next few months if it keeps working like it has been. Hope this helps anyone with the similar issue.:cool:

cruise control problems

If anyone has an intermittent issue where the Service Radar Control comes on this might help. I have been having this issue for about 6 months, and was looking for a solution or a used Module which people are asking 800 plus for 14 year old modules that might work. Remove both cables off the battery. Once the cables are removed put a lead between both the Negative and positive cable leads for 24 hours. This will reboot all Computers and Modules. Kind of like resetting a Smart phone. Since I have done this the Cruise control has worked flawlessly. What I think caused the problem in my instance was about 6 moths ago I replaced the brake pads and went to cross drilled and slotted Rotors. I think the module was getting signals from the new brakes that there was an issue so sometimes it would work, but most of the time it would not. The jury is still out and I will be much more confident in the next few months if it keeps working like it has been. Hope this helps anyone with the similar issue.:cool:

I tried your idea but it didn't help in my case, I hope some others come up with an idea that will work, I like you would hate to spend $800. on something that is not a guarentee.

Servise Cruise Radar

I tried your idea but it didn't help in my case, I hope some others come up with an idea that will work, I like you would hate to spend $800. on something that is not a guarentee.

I had that problem. If you look in your owner's manual it tells you how to get to, and clean the radar window. I did, and it then worked perfectly.

radar window

I had that problem. If you look in your owner's manual it tells you how to get to, and clean the radar window. I did, and it then worked perfectly.

I didn't find anything in my manual about how to get to or clean the radar window, please update me on info.
Thanks; Tom B.

How to clean the cruise radar

I didn't find anything in my manual about how to get to or clean the radar window, please update me on info.
Thanks; Tom B.

Page3-29 in the owners Manual tells you how to clean the radar "Window."You pop the black lens on the lower L/side (Driver'side) of the lower grill out carefully with a small slotted screw driver by inserting it in the passenger side when you are facing it. Two tabs hold it in, one at the top, and one at the bottom. Use care, your dealing with plastic! you will see the radar lens behind it. Clean it with a 50/50 mixture of household alchohol and water with a clean soft cloth. re-install the black plastic lens, and your done. It fixed mine, and I hope it fixes yours!

cruise control problems

Page3-29 in the owners Manual tells you how to clean the radar "Window."You pop the black lens on the lower L/side (Driver'side) of the lower grill out carefully with a small slotted screw driver by inserting it in the passenger side when you are facing it. Two tabs hold it in, one at the top, and one at the bottom. Use care, your dealing with plastic! you will see the radar lens behind it. Clean it with a 50/50 mixture of household alchohol and water with a clean soft cloth. re-install the black plastic lens, and your done. It fixed mine, and I hope it fixes yours!

I tried this but didn't help, been out of town so I wasen't able to try your idea right away, don't know what to do next. any one else have any ideas?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom