Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

shipping with ups

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
I bought a couple of parts from a fellow member recently and he was super to deal with. However , he paid the ups store a whole lot of money to box and ship the items plus insurance. Well of course they arrived with one damaged. It was just laying in a pile of peanuts with no sort of protection wrapped around it. A taillight . The box was well done with a double box system. the outside of the box had minimum damage. Well ups want to pick up the parts so they can look at them . They don't give me anything but a confirmation number that a box was picked up. I refused. we are talking 2000$ in parts The driver said they do not repackage the items properly they just pick up the box. One taillight is not damaged but they want both. Sad to say he did not get them. He told me that UPS would not pay the so called insurance claim as the cause of the damage was the packer. Again .be careful and know what you are buying when you pay them a bunch of money to do a job that you get nothing for. Now I am going to have to sue the seller so he in turn can cross file against the UPS store which is not UPS but a individually owned store. Another misconception they try to say. The box was insured for 2000. However they try to claim they only pay what you paid for the item which is not the truth. They must pay up to the replacement cost or value of the item. if both are lost then you only get 2000. But if one is lost or damaged it is not 1/2 of the coverage. Some states may differ but they seem to be regulated by the Interstate commerce commission on these matters. I will keep you posted so you will know what happens and I welcome any input they you may have had.

I had a similar situation with them in the past with a vintage neon sign. It was a one of a kind and they wanted it back. After working my way up the food chain in their system I finally got a guy who just had me send in pictures, I told him I wanted to keep the sign. So we agreed they would pay the repair bill, they sent me a check and all was well. Do you want to keep the lights? If UPS is going to pay out $2K in insurance then the lights belong to them, that is the way any insurance company works. If you keep them they might pay you something for "repairing" the damaged light.

yes I want to keep the one. The problem is that they want them both back to "look at them" Unless they let me pack them I am not shipping both so the other one gets damaged.

correct

That is the way I ship FEDEX and also MY USPS gives me great service. Thousands of items, never lost broken or had any problem. Every time I have something shipped to me by UPS it has a problem of postage due. they leave it at the wrong house. Don't come when they email that they are. This package said "your driver will arrive promptly between 8:30 And 4:00" I was just leaving at 430 when he got there.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom