Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trans fluid change

Stella

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004xlr
Went to the dealer today to pick up some rearend fluid with the modifier already in. When in the service department I ask what it cost for a trans. Fluid change. The lady said it's 180.00. I asked what it consist of and she replied they do a trans flush. I asked about replacing the filter and she said the filter is just a screen and they back flush the fluid to remove any settiment on the screen? Now she did say I would have to make appointment because they only have two xlr techs. What I don't understand is their is a filter in my tech manuals. I wanted to replace the filter and fluids. The car only has 8,000 on her but it's a 04 and was previously owned in Seattle. The manual recommends earlier servicing with mountain driving and I just want it replaced for peace of mind. I've heard bad things about trans flushes,but I asked a different service place about them that we deal with at work (unbiased) and he said that their are two separate pumps so theirs no contamination from previous jobs. It sounded like a good service from him. How else do you get ALL the fluid in the trans,converter out without a flush? Then would you drop the pan and replace the filter then top off the fluid again? Any info would be great!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom