Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk won't shut

Brialdo

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR Base
Good morning all. I have searched through the threads for my particular problem and haven't seen what I am experiencing and I didn't want to hijack another thread. I have a 2006 XLR Base with under 128K miles (took a chance) that I got at a good price, because it needs some TLC. Recently, the switches on the trunk quit working. I can use the Fob or the dash button to open the trunk, but not the trunk switch above the license plate. Additionally, the close button doesn't work. The trunk opens and closes as expected when I open and close the convertible top. I just cannot use the button to close it automatically. I have to push it down manually (which I fear is not a good thing to do).

Help me XLR fans. You're my only hope (to be frugal about this). :-D

Switch above the license plate can be full of water too. Mine was green and rusty. Very cheap part, or can also be opened, cleaned and oiled. Both switch same thing -not likely, but maybe... Or, I think both wires goes the same route. Try to follow them, if bent or damaged somewhere.

Thanks, Rexster and "J". I will try "J's" suggestion first. I had to clean the driver's door switch to make it work correctly every time. If that doesn't do it, I will have to buy the tech II and walk through the relearn.

Ahhhh...the joys of buying new, old cars!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom