Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR CAMERAS FOR SIDE VIEW MIRRORS, NIGHT VISION, REAR ENCLOSURE, WHEELS, ETC. - EVOQ

My XLR/V(s)
2006 BLACK XLR
Dear XLR Enthusiasts:

Several months ago I was pondering the idea of EVOQ styled wheels 19" (front) and 21" (rear)
with upgraded brakes and sway bar but done in a 100% factory appearance.

I have taken on too many projects at the present time to go revisit
this idea.

Enclosing, perfectly flat, the rear license plate with shaded plexiglass and adding cameras to
replace side mirrors would be something I would consider "if" executed perfectly.

How about adding the Nightvision ball after all?

Just some thoughts, though the way it is right now is very nice!

Last edited:
Dear XLR Enthusiasts:

Several months ago I was pondering the idea of EVOQ styled wheels 19" (front) and 21" (rear)
with upgraded brakes and sway bar but done in a 100% factory appearance.

I have taken on too many projects at the present time to go revisit
this idea.

Enclosing, perfectly flat, the rear license plate with shaded plexiglass and adding cameras to
replace side mirrors would be something I would consider "if" executed perfectly.

How about adding the Nightvision ball after all?

Just some thoughts, though the way it is right now is very nice!

I am surrounded by machine shops and talent but strapped for time at the present.

Feel free to reach out if anyone would like to talk or brainstorm about taking something
already excellent to POSH!

Lot of states would call that enclosed, shaded plastic obstruction of license plate and get you a ticket. And proximity sensors that go beep instead of cameras like a lot of newer vehicles would be more likely and safer since you wouldn't have to monitor the two cameras at all

I am looking forward to no mirrors on cars. However it is the law you must have an outside reaview mirror in all states at present. There is a company close to me that makes camera mirrors for Volvo and other companies in Europe. I am invested in them. When it becomes legal in the US they will be a great investment. They mount a screen inside the car just where you would look if there was an out side mirror. All the stuff they can do, track cars, follow passing cars, warn when they get too close , no heat needed in snow night vision, etc makes them do so much more than looking into a mirror. Plus no airflow restrictions. In semis they do even more to help the drivers. Just crazy the USA must have politicians in mirror companies pockets as there is no real reason not to change the law.

NOT I ,,, I'm just an old car guy,,

Sliding slightly off-topic:

It's a car,,,,, or are we wanting to build a F-35? Technology is progressing fast, but I want to be left behind having myself controlling the driving.

It appears that all of the new tech advancements only increases the vehicles cost and creates more problems to deal with ahead.

If you have the time and money to create and mess around with future 'Star Wars' ideas and computer controlled vehicles..........'GO 4 IT'

I'll just continue to watch old re-runs of Car Crazy episodes....:D

JMO

p z

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics