Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Another Newbie to the Fourm

Glenn Thompson

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
Been on the site looking at stuff several times and decided I should go ahead and join.

Ex dealer tech here, spent almost 20 years wrenching before neck issues made me change jobs (too much under dash / electrical work). Mostly at a Volvo/Chrysler dealer but i did spend some time at a Chevy dealer and have always been a GM guy. Working at a company some of you may have heard of, Stage 8 Locking Fasteners (we make the locking header bolts). I'm VP of Tech Support and been here over 20 years. Also spent some time with Alldata as a technical editor before coming to Stage 8.

Current lineup includes the wife's 2005 Blue XLR, a 2002 Blue Corvette Convertible and a 2009 Black Chevy regular cab short bed Pickup. Bought the XLR in 2009 with 60K on it. I was at the Chevy / Caddy dealer picking up my new truck when my then girlfriend spotted the XLR on the lot. I told her to go test drive it if she wanted as I had paperwork to do and she fell in love with it. Traded in her Toyota Camry 2 days later as she had to have it. Its her daily driver and has 120K on it now. Yeah its had its problems but what newer electronics-packed newer car hasn't. Nothing we can't live with and has never left her stranded so I'm OK with a few repairs on a 120K+ car. Just had it California smogged last week, 120K on her and passed with flying colors.

Nice to be here and look forward to chiming in.

Glenn Thompson

Been on the site looking at stuff several times and decided I should go ahead and join.

Ex dealer tech here, spent almost 20 years wrenching before neck issues made me change jobs (too much under dash / electrical work). Mostly at a Volvo/Chrysler dealer but i did spend some time at a Chevy dealer and have always been a GM guy. Working at a company some of you may have heard of, Stage 8 Locking Fasteners (we make the locking header bolts). I'm VP of Tech Support and been here over 20 years. Also spent some time with Alldata as a technical editor before coming to Stage 8.

Current lineup includes the wife's 2005 Blue XLR, a 2002 Blue Corvette Convertible and a 2009 Black Chevy regular cab short bed Pickup. Bought the XLR in 2009 with 60K on it. I was at the Chevy / Caddy dealer picking up my new truck when my then girlfriend spotted the XLR on the lot. I told her to go test drive it if she wanted as I had paperwork to do and she fell in love with it. Traded in her Toyota Camry 2 days later as she had to have it. Its her daily driver and has 120K on it now. Yeah its had its problems but what newer electronics-packed newer car hasn't. Nothing we can't live with and has never left her stranded so I'm OK with a few repairs on a 120K+ car. Just had it California smogged last week, 120K on her and passed with flying colors.

Glenn Thompson

Welcome Glenn. You will enjoy.

build sheet

Does anyone know the address to GM in Kentucky? I would like to order a build sheet for my 2004.

3 to 6 weeks for delivery of build sheet.... I am still waiting for mine

Welcome to the forum Glenn. As you will find out it is a great source of information for our cars. I hope you can chime in from time to time, and you will find that there are several very knowledgeable folks willing to help. I love the Bay Area. Get there for work for time to time, Jealous that you get to drive in near perfect weather year round. My car is tucked in for the winter here in Ohio. Again, welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just got my Build Sheet and Window Sticker. Is there a code on Build Sheet to tell me her Birthday???

Just got my Build Sheet and Window Sticker. Is there a code on Build Sheet to tell me her Birthday???

You can get the month and year off the sticker on the door jamb.
2013-04-0513-22-542695.jpg

Some have information under the carpet in the trunk on the left side near the hydraulic unit
2013-04-0513-24-352696.jpg

Not sure what the dates indicate. You can see my trunk date is 10/30 but the sticker is December.

Glenn Thompson

I think we got sidetracked on your thread - WELCOME to the forum! Big switch for your girlfriend/wife to go from a Camry (local newspaper writer likes to call them "appliances") to a XLR, good for her! You guys have really stuck with it on that car to take it 60k to 120k.

Looking forward to to your input!

Welcome to the forum!!!!! :cool:

Welcome Glenn and friend/wife,you'll love it hear,I also wish I were out there.we had a blizzard Monday(23in,tomorrow another 12in) you know where our cars are this time of year.sounds like you have good auto info. so hangout here and share with us when anyone of us has a problem. Thanks, AL:thumbsup

Thanks for joining us on this fanatical forum. Its good to know that with C.C. Clarke, Cadillac Tech and you we have a panel of experts beyond compare.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom