Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

D3 Cadillac XLR-V STS-V Programmer

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
I'm lucky enough to live within 15 miles of D3 and when I had my V in their garage. They showed this item to me, but with the 565 HP @ the fly wheel they found I was making, told me it wouldn't be worth buying this unit for my V. I would call them direct and ask for Mark at
Toll Free (866) 988-2090. He can advise you.
Good Santa gift

Saw this listing on ebay today, and I am very interested in buying/bidding on this item. :drool: Has anyone here on the forum have any experience/comments about this programmer? I know from doing a bit of reading that D3 Research & Design is the premier tuner for our cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280295034099&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=

Just FYI, if this box is tuned for an XLR-V it can only be used on an XLR-V and it is recommended for whatever stage modifications it was set up for. (If the box is tuned for use with the stage 1 and 2 intakes, it is highly recommended it's used with those intakes and not the factory ones. Also, the ECU box can be reflashed for use with an STS-V if desired. Thank you.

Many Thanks to all that have replied!!!! I contacted D3 and was told that I would have to get the programmer that was for the Base XLR.

Many Thanks to all that have replied!!!! I contacted D3 and was told that I would have to get the programmer that was for the Base XLR.

Sorry but I need to clarify here. If you own a 2006 there isn't currently a way to program the base XLR, only the V series. It seems that in mid/late 2006 Cadillac used a different manufacturer for their PCM and only the late '06 and up models can be reflashed. Our plug n play ECU boxes only work on the STS-V and XLR-V. We do not have a plug n play box for the non V series vehicles. Thank you.

Craig............I have a question for you. If you can only flash late model 06-V's and up. How then did you flash my early 06-V, (second one delivered in California in February of 06? Is this why we didn't get a big change on the read out?
Sorry but I need to clarify here. If you own a 2006 there isn't currently a way to program the base XLR, only the V series. It seems that in mid/late 2006 Cadillac used a different manufacturer for their PCM and only the late '06 and up models can be reflashed. Our plug n play ECU boxes only work on the STS-V and XLR-V. We do not have a plug n play box for the non V series vehicles. Thank you.

Craig............I have a question for you. If you can only flash late model 06-V's and up. How then did you flash my early 06-V, (second one delivered in California in February of 06? Is this why we didn't get a big change on the read out?

Sorry, maybe that wasn't written very clearly... We can perform a PCM reflash on ANY STS-V or XLR-V regardless of year. We can ONLY reflash a standard XLR (non v-series) if it has the newer PCM from mid/late 2006 and up.

OK Craig I get it. Thanks. If you remember Wicked, you found so much HP that flashing almost didn't do much, but we did get it to shift like a B&M Hydro.............that's cool.
Sorry, maybe that wasn't written very clearly... We can perform a PCM reflash on ANY STS-V or XLR-V regardless of year. We can ONLY reflash a standard XLR (non v-series) if it has the newer PCM from mid/late 2006 and up.

OK Craig I get it. Thanks. If you remember Wicked, you found so much HP that flashing almost didn't do much, but we did get it to shift like a B&M Hrdro.............that's cool.

We'll never forget your vehicle =)

Ever get to the track?

No, I got sick and the weather turned to crap and I'd have to do burn outs like the Force gang to heat up the tires. When my tires are cold and hard I can't even keep them on the ground. Warmer weather, better tire conditions and I will let you know when I'm going out. Love to have you there with one of your machines. Will not go without asking you first.
Trust in God.........He will help everyone out of this mess, even the bad companies.
We'll never forget your vehicle =)

Ever get to the track?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry