Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Question About Storing a 2004 Cadillac XLR

St.Pat05XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Hey everybody thank you for all the replies, I have another question. I will be storing my 04 XLR in my garage in Missouri. It is not heated but is attached to the house. I have some steel car dollies that go under the tires so my plan is to just set it up on those and leave it on them for the winter. My only concern with this is that I just put a set of Michelin Pilot 4S on it and I don't want flat spots on the tires. Am I worrying for nothing or does anybody have suggestions or experience that may be useful ??

I like jack stands myself . keep the tires off the ground .
  • If tires are on a vehicle parked for a long period, the weight of the vehicle needs to be taken off the tires by jacking it up or removing the tires. Failure to do this may cause irreversible damage.
(from Michelin)

St Pat, I store my XLR in Palm Springs for the summer months. The temperature in the garage gets very hot. My run tire pressure is 32 psi. I have plywood under my tires and take the tire pressure up to about 42 psi. I have never had a problem with flat spots.
John F,

tire companies say do not over inflate them for storage but in summer heat is not as bad on stored tires as the cold of winter and many tires when not moved around will loose a pound or two over a few months

Hey everybody thank you for all the replies, I have another question. I will be storing my 04 XLR in my garage in Missouri. It is not heated but is attached to the house. I have some steel car dollies that go under the tires so my plan is to just set it up on those and leave it on them for the winter. My only concern with this is that I just put a set of Michelin Pilot 4S on it and I don't want flat spots on the tires. Am I worrying for nothing or does anybody have suggestions or experience that may be useful ??
Pat,
I’m in Ohio and I store mine every winter. The key is to use a battery tender, one with a microprocessor that monitors your battery and only provides enough charge to keep it at optimum, it also prevents sulfadation in
your battery. Here is a helpful article that outlines key things to do to take care of your baby over the winter.

One more thing to consider for long term storage is if there are mice in your area,
place some boxes of D-Con under the car.....and check occasionally for signs if mice
have showed up. Mice can really damage wiring, etc.

pure zen, I live in the country and have a couple of cars in my garage for the winter and I have electronic mouse detectors under them and inside on the floors.
John F.

Beav,,,,,, Guess that is a good solution for you, but how does that prevent them from dining in your cars?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom