Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What's your thoughts on XLR prices if the a 2021 XLR is released

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
Good evening my fellow XLRian's. Came across the YT post on the 2021 XLR. How do or do you think used XLR prices will be affected if a 2021 XLR is placed on the market????

Morning (again), :)
Hard to say. I'd guess the prices would drop initially what with people wanting 'the latest-greatest' only to rise afterwards with the rarity and obscurity.

I sort of have the feeling a 2021 or beyond XLR won't really happen though. I'd be surprised. The XLR was not a great selling car and sad to say, unless <whatever> they come up with happens to be of the electric variety, I'd wager people would just buy a new Corvette... which is already happening as we've seen with a few XLR owners already.

It's unfortunate to be at this point in automotive history - when the gas powered car is basically on the way out. I don't think (in our lifetimes) we'll ever -not- see gas powered cars, though the ones that we do will be the odd man out, highly taxed and probably shunned by the later generations.

Understandable in a way as the damage they've done to 'Mother Earth' has truly been significant, just a bit sad things went the way that they did, especially in regards to their current disposable design and such a tremendous population increase worldwide. :(

Morning (again), :)
Hard to say. I'd guess the prices would drop initially what with people wanting 'the latest-greatest' only to rise afterwards with the rarity and obscurity.

I sort of have the feeling a 2021 or beyond XLR won't really happen though. I'd be surprised. The XLR was not a great selling car and sad to say, unless <whatever> they come up with happens to be of the electric variety, I'd wager people would just buy a new Corvette... which is already happening as we've seen with a few XLR owners already.

It's unfortunate to be at this point in automotive history - when the gas powered car is basically on the way out. I don't think (in our lifetimes) we'll ever -not- see gas powered cars, though the ones that we do will be the odd man out, highly taxed and probably shunned by the later generations.

Understandable in a way as the damage they've done to 'Mother Earth' has truly been significant, just a bit sad things went the way that they did, especially in regards to their current disposable design and such a tremendous population increase worldwide. :(
Morning again. To many motorheads out there for combustible engines to go away completely. Could you imagine someone trying to buy a Tesla on a minimum wage budget? Was thinking bout this the other day though. What surprises me is that I can't think of another modern day GM true convertible, The Corvette and Prowler come to mind and I think that's it. Then the Corvette had a removable hard top. HMO (help me out)

Last edited:
I don't see Cad re-introduce a XLR type vehicle...... [ luxury market ]

jmo

I don't see Cad re-introduce a XLR type vehicle...... [ luxury market ]

jmo
I here ya. It's not exotic enough to put it out. Then the cost to purchase would be on the high end... Was looking at original XLR prices and they where ridiculous back then

Last edited:
Regarding the Corvette removable hardtop, I had a T Bird w/removable hardtop. That's why I gave it to my daughter and bought the XLR.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom