Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New owner / roof issue

LTINDY

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
Hello everyone,

I’m a new XLR owner and obviously new to the forum. I bought a black on black 2005 a few weeks ago. I opened the top several times and it worked perfectly both directions - but now I’m getting the “CLOSE CARGO DIVIDER” message in the DIC and no movement.

Between now and when the top was working, I did have a dead battery issue because I left an interior light on for four days. I followed the procedure to open the trunk and the door, got a jump from Hagerty’s roadside service and all is good there. I moved the cargo divider out of its holder while I was looking for the door release. But now I have put it back. It pops into the holder properly and seems to be depressing the switch button there on the left side. But still no movement.

Is it possible the switch has gone bad? When I press it down by hand, I’m not feeling or hearing a click. Or do I need some type of reset since the battery was dead? Something else?

Thanks! Any advice would be appreciated.

its not going to click or hear a sound. Just make sure that its depressed with the cargo divider and it should work. It should nto need a reset but you do need to have a good strong battery. open the trunk reome the divider, close the trunk the nopen it and replace it . close trunl the top should work. you may have to disconnect the batter negative for a while but really should nto have to . Jumping these cars is a bad thing to do. better to take the battery out and charge it and replace it.

Hello everyone,

I’m a new XLR owner and obviously new to the forum. I bought a black on black 2005 a few weeks ago. I opened the top several times and it worked perfectly both directions - but now I’m getting the “CLOSE CARGO DIVIDER” message in the DIC and no movement.

Between now and when the top was working, I did have a dead battery issue because I left an interior light on for four days. I followed the procedure to open the trunk and the door, got a jump from Hagerty’s roadside service and all is good there. I moved the cargo divider out of its holder while I was looking for the door release. But now I have put it back. It pops into the holder properly and seems to be depressing the switch button there on the left side. But still no movement.

Is it possible the switch has gone bad? When I press it down by hand, I’m not feeling or hearing a click. Or do I need some type of reset since the battery was dead? Something else?

Thanks! Any advice would be appreciated.
That switch is a very simple device and easy to check with a meter. Make sure the harness end (plug) hasn't come away from the switch. Taking the battery out isn't likely to solve a switch problem, nor is there a reset for that switch; BUT XLRs detest poor batteries. Fit the correct battery in good order and keep it on a tender when not driving.

When you operated the roof, you did have the engine running? Operating the roof a few times will kill off the battery very quickly otherwise.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom