Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 XLR battery dead and trunk key will not release the rear deck latch.

wanabe38

Can the doors on an XLR be opened with a slim jim or by a locksmith?
Can the hood latch be opened any other way?
Battery went dead and key the for trunk latch will not open trunk to get to manual open pull cord

I have opened it many times over the years manually. The trunk will not unlock with the key clasp will not release.

You can get to the cable release on tge hood latch sometimes. Also from under the car you can get to the electric fan plug and apply a little power to the wiring to open tge door. Next is to try and get over the door glass and pull up the emergency releasedown by the seat.

You can get to the cable release on tge hood latch sometimes. Also from under the car you can get to the electric fan plug and apply a little power to the wiring to open tge door. Next is to try and get over the door glass and pull up the emergency releasedown by the seat.
Thanks for the help! I was able to get to door release with a dryer vent cleaner fiberglass rod and a coat hanger duck taped on the end.

Thats the one i try first.. i would check into why the bumper key is not working. Not hard to remove the trunk latch trim and observe if the cable is pulling the latch or not.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom