Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 XLR Convertible Top Help Needed

KurtSails30

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver with Black Interior
Hi everyone. I’ve been a 2005 XLR owner for 6 years now and have a great mechanic knowledable and willing to service it and fix things. My latest problem is that the trunk well compartment that holds the electronics for the ride control module and the convertible top sequence module got flooded such that the modules sat in water for about a week without me knowing. Apparently there is a little drain hole at the bottom that got clogged and I never knew this could happen. I figured it out when my dash notification came on and said “service ride control”, “max speed 80 mph”. We found a replacement ride control module and fixed that. We can’t find a replacement convertible top module. Without it the open trunk buttons don’t even work. We found two possible in junk yards but when they went to pull them, these were sitting in water within this well compartment also so it must be a common problem. Any advice on where I can find a new or used convertible top module is greatly appreciated. Model # is GM P/N 10317458 and CTS P/N 17002910300. Thank you.

that's an old part number You can order the top module from GM. It is NOT discontinued but back ordered. The more that order ,the quicker they will get them. I think the new number is 25840734 or 15813086. about 400 from GM Contact me direct as I buy old body modules and top modules. One day we will find a way to repair them and will need cores. I have a body module that was repaired for around 100 dollars that seems to be working fine. Just need another 04 or 05 close to see that it works on it also.

Thank you Long Tall Sally. I’ve put the order into GM and hopefully they will fulfill it. The one I pulled out had what looked like battery cake/dust all over the mother board inside. I assumed that it was shorting out somewhere in the circuit. I cleaned it well and It looks brand new now but it still doesn’t work. I imagine someone with good circuit board testing and repair skills may be able to fix it. I’ll hold on to it and if the new one works, I’ll see if I can get the old one repaired for a back up or to help out someone else.

If you need any other items. I have had good luck with J and J auto parts in Marshallville Ohio. They must have at least 5 to 10 XLR'S. I purchased ride control module that worked fine and other items.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom