Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 XLR Trunk closing issue

davidxlr

Have had this car for 11 years and overall its had very little problems. Rear shocks replacement is only major expense and Cadillac helped with this even though it was out of warranty. DVD/Map has quit working, but radio and CD player still work. Still trying to decide whether to repair/replace/reconfigure or just live with it.

Now for the trunk issue. Trunk opens just fine. Top opens and closes just fine. However, trunk does not close most of the time without some "help".
When pushing trunk closure button, it makes the trunk closing sound but most of the time nothing happens. Sometimes if I push it to stop, then push it again and hold it a second, it will begin to close. Most of the time however I have to manually push the trunk down about halfway until it "catches" and finishes the closure on its own. I have had it to the dealership a couple times and they say they can't find anything wrong.

Has anybody has this situation? Anybody got any advice or input? Im not mechanical enough to do much of anything on my own!
Thanks in advance for any info on this.

I had the exact same symptoms (and workaround) and lived with it for a few months before finally replacing the switch. I never had it happen again.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back