Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2006 XLR-V shocks all corners and Tech 2 w/ Candi wanted

KCinMD

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR V
Self-explanatory... Fronts still available. Rear I can't seem to find.

You will be lucky if you can find any . some have been looking for years. You csn swap them all over to a better bilstein.or corvette z06 upgrade or i have another solution if you want to pm me.

Morning,
Curious if there's a significant enough difference to not use a set from an '04 or '05 (obviously base)? Those seem to be readily available?

A fellow might think there's just a dampening curve or rate change or such, possibly not too noticeable unless really pushed perhaps...or is there something else?

You most likely would not tell any difference between your worn out 06 shocks vs installing new 04 shocks except your wallet would be 2000$ lighter. Shocks were vastly improved in 06 again in 08. always use the lastest part on an older car but never an old part number on a newer car. The 08/09 base and v shared the same shocks and there are a few of those left. Several people have installed them on the 06/07 but fail to come back and give an update as requestef.

It would be a fascinating test albeit a costly one I suppose!

How about Corvette? Out of sheer curiosity, I just checked and they do seem to be available -and- applicable for the '06 XLR (base) at least.

ACDELCO 5801061 (FE2)
GM GENUINE 19431690 (FE2)
GM GENUINE 19431689 (FE2)

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

A couple of numbers cross Over and show to work on bith but the numbers i have seen Available would give the car a very soft ride dhe to the rearson the xlr being set up for several hu dred pounds more weight. If i ever see andvvegte good used ones for sale cheap, i would give them a try. Im waiting on mine to break a leaf spring so i can swapbto coil overs and see how they work on the car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom