Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2006 XLR Key Fob Programming with Tech II

Full-Tilt-Hiltz

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR & 2004 XLR for parts
Hello,

I am having trouble programming my year appropriate key fobs into my 2006 XLR with my Tech II. I have a 2004 XLR, that is now for parts,, and when it was drivable, I reprogrammed RCDLR to 4 replacement fobs in series with no issues using the rear key slot. I have been through the process with messages through the DIC.

My 2006 has an upgraded Kenwood stereo receiver in it, and a car starter, and I installed the factory amp from my 2004 for the sake of the data link so that my ACC will work. I mention these details because there is no "beep" in the programming cycle with the Tech II. The factory amp is only there for the ACC and is not connected to any speakers. When I select program on the Tech II, I can hear the RCDLR initiate, the fobs don't seem to make the step into the RCDLR. Extra details, I also have the service manuals from my 2004 and the steps in reprogramming with or without the Tech II seem to be the same as what I can see posted in the forum for my 2006. The RCDLR shows only two fobs programmed into the car and the second is in the remote starter. When I try to program FOB 3 and 4, I get nowhere, nothing on the DIC

What concerns me is that without a beep or any listing on the DIC, I don't really want to go back and wipe the RCDLR. My educated guess is that I need to wipe it and reprogram an entire set of fobs, because I can't seem to piece in a second or third fob into the RCDLR behind the first one that works fine. The remote starter is not optimal, it was in the car when I bought it and it seems to be the center of a lot of issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

DwH

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry