Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 Top Issue

hh07

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR
I have an 07 XLR and I'm having some issues with the top. I' searched here and other websites without much luck. My 07 has been sitting since June 2021 with a battery tender on it. I went to get it out of the garage and the battery tender had died. So, I jump started the car, put the top down, replaced the battery, installed a new tender, and had PA inspection/emissions done. Now I cant get the top up. I have initialized/relearned the power windows. I have 12v coming from each switch output at the convertible top module. With my scan tool, I can see the module is getting the switch output to lower the top, but not to raise it. If I supply 12v to D10 at the module, the top module does not recognize it. If I I supply 12v to D9, it does recognize it. I have replaced the top control module. I have no codes stored in any modules in the car. There is no messages about the top in the DIC. I'm attaching part of the diagram I'm using. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    63.4 KB · Views: 88
I had a similar problem and replaced the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir with the appropriate Mercedes Benz fluid. As the top is down, fill the reservoir to the top line and then cycle the top 5 times over a couple of days. You will be amazed at the degraded rubber in the old fluid and air bubbles that come out

I had a similar problem and replaced the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir with the appropriate Mercedes Benz fluid. As the top is down, fill the reservoir to the top line and then cycle the top 5 times over a couple of days. You will be amazed at the degraded rubber in the old fluid and air bubbles that come out
The fluid level is ok. Pushing the button to lower raise the top does nothing. The pump doesn't run at all. The module is not showing that it's getting a signal from the switch, even though it is.

I'm sure you have already tried, but did you put the side windows up and hold the window buttons in the up position for 10-15 seconds.

I'm sure you have already tried, but did you put the side windows up and hold the window buttons in the up position for 10-15 seconds.
I did not hold for 15 seconds. I will try. I did this:

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    118 KB · Views: 83
I have an 07 XLR and I'm having some issues with the top. I' searched here and other websites without much luck. My 07 has been sitting since June 2021 with a battery tender on it. I went to get it out of the garage and the battery tender had died. So, I jump started the car, put the top down, replaced the battery, installed a new tender, and had PA inspection/emissions done. Now I cant get the top up. I have initialized/relearned the power windows. I have 12v coming from each switch output at the convertible top module. With my scan tool, I can see the module is getting the switch output to lower the top, but not to raise it. If I supply 12v to D10 at the module, the top module does not recognize it. If I I supply 12v to D9, it does recognize it. I have replaced the top control module. I have no codes stored in any modules in the car. There is no messages about the top in the DIC. I'm attaching part of the diagram I'm using. Any help is appreciated.
You need a candi module with your GM Tech 2 to communicate

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back