Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2008 XLR Heated Steering Wheel FUSE LOCATION

Bakertech

Seasoned Member
Well, out of the garage, mid winter dry day and I tried to find the Heated Steering Wheel Fuse. It is not in the Owners Manual and on line, the fuse panel on Pass. side does not have the bottom fuse block with 12 fuses shown in some answers to this question. Not there anywhere.
In the 800+page Service Manual 15-63 Vol 4 there is no mention of a fuse in the diagnostic check procedure. All Module controlled.

I do not see a fuse block on the side of the steering column but did not remove any panels. It could be the Module below Steering wheel but the light on the steering wheel switch does not illuminate.
A 7.5 (Violet Colour) fuse is indicated. Perhaps in the 2009 Owners manual? It is not listed on the underhood or cabin fuse diagrams.

A new Heated Steering wheel if you can find one is $800-1,000. I don't really need it, I just want everything to work. Tried 'Search' on the Tech side but no matches.:dunno:

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Gloves - I know!

I didn't think '08's had the heated wheel (?). Only the '09's had the heated steering wheel, didn't they?

2008 Heated Steering Wheel.

I didn't think '08's had the heated wheel (?). Only the '09's had the heated steering wheel, didn't they?

Well, it has the Heated Steering Wheel, although it does not work. It is mentioned in the 2008 Owners and Shop Manuals.

Gord.

Further investigation revealed a dozen fuses beneath a black Plastic box under the main cabin fuse array.
The one for the Heated Steering Wheel was satisfactory so that is as far as I am going with it.
Tried to load a photo here of the fuse array but could not.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back