Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

For Sale 2009 XLR-V 4946 miles

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

JackJ439

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Cadillac XLR-V
For Sale ? 2009 XLR-V with 4946 miles in mint condition available on Autotrader, great vehicle just not using it enough. Prices are rising faster than anyone can say or think. I will get a driver when this gets sold this year or next year. I am wondering if Bring a Trailer is the better way to go?
Thanks

Entire question is answered in Autotrader advertising, just look at all pictures and [pricing. The black on black V cars are all the same except for add-ons and this one is original and mint. I am wondering when not if it will bring 7 figures? I suspect next year but maybe this year? I believe in NJ there was one that was posted and then sold for $103k but have not been able to verify it.

Hi,
Respectfully... consider a professional photographer? The pictures in the listing are imho not doing you any favors, sorry.

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

Are you a professional fotog? I care about the vehicle, and pictures showing potential damage areas that have NO damage. If you are a potential buyer you might appreciate it. But thanks for the thought. I will consider it, if I decide to sell the vehicle on Bring a Trailer or any of those sites.

Are you a professional fotog? I care about the vehicle, and pictures showing potential damage areas that have NO damage. If you are a potential buyer you might appreciate it. But thanks for the thought. I will consider it, if I decide to sell the vehicle on Bring a Trailer or any of those sites.

Hi Jack,
No, no, not a photographer. It is cool you've shown potential damage areas however (imho) there's no real great pics of the 'car itself' - I don't even recall a shot of the engine.

Perhaps have a look at some of the BAT previous listings as most of them seem really very good. I'd really think a car that you're looking at selling for that sort of coin deserves <whatever> a good photographer costs.

Just my two cents though.

Gord :thumbsup

two years ago I looked at almost the same car but a better color for me with 3800 miles .Its was 73k Straight sale from an individual. I was going to buy it but a relative suddenly was in need of a home to live in. I bought a little house for him at 85K We did nothing but a little paint to the house and I just sold it straight sale all cash for 135k ..no agent involved. I doubt these cars will ever equal the housing market for years to come . The one that brought 83k with 29,000 miles on bring a trailer was a bidding match between two "had to have it" buyers . A few weeks later an almost identical V with only 3,000 miles brought $62,000 20k less with even less miles on it. That car was bought at market value maybe even a little less . Hang on to it till you get the one buyer in the USA that wants it. may take a while .Dont see it bringing a 100K for some time.. It is most likely the only XLR that may ever be worth that if no one drives it anymore. A few collector cars are up in value but a lot are down from what I watch

I looked at your photos and Gord is correct. We are not being rude just honest. Your photos for a car you are asking 95K for leave alot to be desired. Just from the phots I would guess the car has 20-30k miles on it. You are going to need to spend some bucks on a detail and interior cleaning . just compare your listing to the one on bring a trailer that had 3000 miles and you will see what people spending over 60k are looking for.

Last edited:
Thank you for your opinion and info. The 3000 mile brought way more than I would have paid due to electrical problems and prior accident to mirror or more than that. Gord has his opinion and good for him, just like we all have own own opinions. This vehicle has been detailed except for current dust. I am not driving it and that is the only reason that I will consider selling it or keeping it because I like the look and feel of this XLR-V and have had high offers in the 80's. I am opinionated as to the price and currently very firm but still slightly flexible. The current market is just increasing every auction it seems.

a mirror replacement really would not drop the value of a car 30,000$. Wiring issue was a non issue. the other 09 had been in the service dept for several repairs and yet it still brought over 80. !00k is 4-5 years down the road in my opinion if it ever gets there and of course that 100k will be worth todays 85k or most likely even less. .Its good that you dont need to sell and can wait it out and see. Let us all know when it sells and what it brings. Meanwhile 08's with 35-50k miles are selling for 30-35k and are the best bang for the buck. If they are maintained and not driven too many miles in 3-4 years will retain their value and may even increase.

If you are right about the price 80-100k, then why did I have offers in $80k's within 24 hours. At $83k for a 25-30k mile car is fact and 20-30 more miles than mine. What is that worth? Find another below 5k mile 09 V? How about a Black Cherry one or white? There are so few choices of 12 year old, last year vehicle available that when and if you find one buy it and watch the prices continue to climb. The printing press never stops, just the amount of money we can allocate to our pleaseures is limited by us. Thanks for the nice conversation.

if you had legitimate offers in the 80"s you may look back and wished you had taken them. Its your car get whatever you think you can for it. At least the price on BAT are real and factual. not like telephone offers , craigslist and autotrader responses. If people making the offers actually had the cash they most likely also had the research and offered what they thought it was worth. Happy selling .As the old saying goes , theres a butt for ever seat . hope you find yours .

I had a legit offer from a large dealer in the mid-west, so what. I might have had a great offer that as you are saying I would regret not taking. Not even greed, just believe that this is the value. I am a big boy and if that was an error so what. Time will tell and by the way "money talks and xxxx xxxx walks" is a very old expression. I have lost more than the entire value of the vehicle and made more. That has nothing to do with this vehicle's value and you are very much entitled to your opinion. Also your expression of there is a butt for every seat came from boating to my knowledge and it was an ass for every seat. Keep on having fun and stay healthy, it was pleasant to have a conversation with you. You seem to be a possible buyer that wants to be a veterinarian, which means you buy sheep and sell dear.

there's a jack for every Jill there's a lid for every pot . there are dozens of them been around for a 100 years . It has applied to cars or boats or motor homes or lawnmowers that I know of in my 60 some odd years . Interesting note I know of at least 2 brand new ones that have actually never been on the road that may come up for sale soon. One is interestingly titled as a 2010 I think they will set the market value. You may be like a car I brokered 20 years ago. It was a Ferrari that was not the most collectable body style at the time. The seller wanted a million. There was no record of what they sold for as there was only 11 of those bodies and when they sold they always changed hands privately. The owner said he was going to be the one to put the car into the Million dollar value. The buyer said he was not going to be the one that paid a Million but he wanted the car for his collection. He put $940,002.75 into an investment account and in a very short time it hit a million in value and the owner shipped the car. Both won .My friend got his Million and yet the buyer did not pay a million..

Its a pleasure to read a story that was fun. I realize that you are a young man with good thoughts about cars, boats planes etc. In these days of Covid to converse with a thinking person is always nice. Enjoy the day

haha yep people with big money do crazy things. The buyer was a guy named Ralph and in the "rag trade" in New york. He still has that car,now worth maybe 5 million

If what you just wrote is correct then he has the last haha. Less than $1mil and now $5mil maybe, in how long a time to get 400% profit and still going?

haha yep people with big money do crazy things. The buyer was a guy named Ralph and in the "rag trade" in New york. He still has that car,now worth maybe 5 million
If what you said is correct about a 2010 might be coming up in the near future, I might be interested depending on colors. V's only Black Cherry is preferred. just to own one is a pleaseure, then drive it is the question since they are the rarest or rare. I do like these vehicles more than the super cars. Maybe one day GM will wake-up and produce a modern one. That would be a driver.

a mirror replacement really would not drop the value of a car 30,000$. Wiring issue was a non issue. the other 09 had been in the service dept for several repairs and yet it still brought over 80. !00k is 4-5 years down the road in my opinion if it ever gets there and of course that 100k will be worth todays 85k or most likely even less. .Its good that you dont need to sell and can wait it out and see. Let us all know when it sells and what it brings. Meanwhile 08's with 35-50k miles are selling for 30-35k and are the best bang for the buck. If they are maintained and not driven too many miles in 3-4 years will retain their value and may even increase.
Maybe you are right about the 2008 being the best bang for the buck, but your opinion 2009 XLR-V was $90k and then look at Barrett-Jackson 2007 XLR-V with 4,400 miles in 2020 Scottsdale went for $88k. You truly were close to being "on the money". I could never be that close when I want something I overpay according to friends. I still say it does not matter what price you pay because in a few years you will recover your money and enjoying the ownership is the bonus for all of us. Best of luck and enjoy

Entire question is answered in Autotrader advertising, just look at all pictures and [pricing. The black on black V cars are all the same except for add-ons and this one is original and mint. I am wondering when not if it will bring 7 figures? I suspect next year but maybe this year? I believe in NJ there was one that was posted and then sold for $103k but have not been able to verify it.
Seven figures start at a million dollars, so I’m going to guess no.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom