Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

29 Things that you may not know about Cadillac

Cadillac LaSalle Roadster?

I had to post this as an excerpt from the article

image.jpg
22. The 1955 Cadillac La Salle II Sports Coupe was the Corvette-esque concept car they should have made.

It had technical innovations, like the fiberglass body bonded to the frame for added stiffness. It’s a shame this one never made it to mass-market status.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that - that is super interesting! Very wild that they've had 3D printing for 30 years.

My dad was all about cars with climate control, I had no idea Cadillac started that or that it had only been around 6 years when my '70 Caddy Coupe was made (since I didn't get that until the 80's it was old news to me!)

my eyes hurt,,,

I had to post this as an excerpt from the article

View attachment 5702
22. The 1955 Cadillac La Salle II Sports Coupe was the Corvette-esque concept car they should have made.

It had technical innovations, like the fiberglass body bonded to the frame for added stiffness. It’s a shame this one never made it to mass-market status.

Glad GM never made this ugly, POS ........ it would be like the Olds version to copy the Corvette.

"fiberglass body bonded to the frame for added stiffness"

Yeah,,,,like excessive cracking and checking of the fiberglass ..... would be a real eyesore. Just my opinion....yours may differ.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom