Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ABS Fixer for EBCM repair

MattBlueXLR

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue XLR
I have a 2004 XLR, and Cadillac has diagnosed that the EBCM unit is bad. Has anyone sent their unit to a company in Missouri called "ABS Fixer" for repairs? Did it work? etc.

Thanks!
Matt

almost all of these "module repair" services have no way to check anything they claim to repair. If you google repairs on various modules you will find that most suffer from a cold solder or loose connetion that anyone can repair. Thats about all they do is open them up and look for a bad solder joint and say its repaired. I dont know of this company. Just check their warranty. make sure they offer a full refund if not repaired and they should also offer to pay the dealer charge if installed and it does not work. I promise they wont unless they have done many of them and know what they are doing. Ask them what the symptoms are for a bad module and if they know they may be ok. Looks like they have pretty good feedback on a similiar repair to the vettes so they may be worth a try

Last edited:
the 04 is a different animal than the 05-09 it uses the suspension module and yaw to adjust the shocks in case of a slide .Great system in theory but it did not work as well as intended and was replaced in middle to early 05

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom