Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AC Delco battery for the XLR-V

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey - -

Can someone here please let me know which AC Delco battery is recommended for the XLR? Car sat for three days and the start up today was labored. Not going to risk it.

Thank You,

Bill

The best your money could buy the car is worth it my money would be on interstate good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Consensus several years ago was Optima or Odyssey batteries. Do a search for those. I put an Odyssey battery in mine 3 years ago, and have had 0 problems since

I put an Odyssey 34-pc1500t in my V last year. It will fit without modification even though it’s not listed by manufacturer. Really holds a charge, especially if you car sits for days. You should be able to find one online for under $300 delivered.

I went through 2 optimas... and then switched to Odessey - the Odessey has been performing much better. I ended up putting on in my SUV as well after 3 optimas in that - also a much better experience.

All well and good I burnt two Odysseys on 2ss Camaros but what floats your boat we all love our cars good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you really want the AC Delco battery....here’s what the dealer put in mine a few weeks ago
7e64103f8bfa3121a379560225b462b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This are specs for the Odyssey I compared the CCA numbers. I've not had a rundown battery, even parked without being started or driven for a couple of weeks, since installing this 34R battery. The difference in the 34 and 34R are reversed terminals on the R battery which fit my 2006 perfectly, even to the battery hold down clamp

<tbody>
</tbody>
1500 PHCA
850 CCA
1250 HCA
1050 MCA

If you really want the AC Delco battery....here’s what the dealer put in mine a few weeks ago

That's the same model as what I took out of my XLR 3 years ago. It would run down if not driven after 4-5 days. Changed to the Odyssey and no problems at all.

Hey

Yes, thanks to all. I have had good service with AC Delco batteries. One in my Chevy truck went 6 years and now has another AC Delco under the hood. I had put one in an Allante I had. It lasted 6, 1/2 years. When I replaced it, I did so with an AC Delco battery again. I have had good luck with AC Delco and prefer to have the V with AC Delco. Just had a hard time finding the series/model battery recommended and did not see it listed in the online '06 manual. Personal preference.

Appreciate it all,

Bill

That's the same model as what I took out of my XLR 3 years ago. It would run down if not driven after 4-5 days. Changed to the Odyssey and no problems at all.

Well what came out was Die Hard from Sears which was in there since 2003! But they ain’t around here no more[emoji6]

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back