Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AC Delco Fuel System Treatment Plus

Crimson Pearl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
Shortly after I purchased Crimson Pearl, Cadillac Tech (Bruce) posted about using this product to prevent problems with the fuel gauge sensors. He stated that the regular use of this product would help prevent expensive problems with the fuel level sensors.

Based on his recommendation, I purchased the product at my local dealer and have used it since. I have not as of this time experienced any problem with these items. The part number changed at one point and the current part number is 88861013 (10-3003).

The label states "Cleans the entire fuel system and restores lost power and performance caused by carbon deposit build-up".

Also "Cleans and protects fuel gauge sensors from harmful sulfur in some gasolines".

Some have posted here about the use of Chevron Techron, but when I checked the label, I didn't see anything about protection for the fuel gauge sensors.

I have also seen it posted that good results can be obtained with the use of Shell gasoline.

But here's an interesting note. I drive a Tahoe daily for my business. It has 197,000 miles on the clock. A week or two ago, I noticed a little shudder or hesitation when idling. It wasn't long before it lit a "Check engine light". I checked the code and it indicated a cylinder 7 misfire. I replaced plugs and wires at about 100,000 miles, so I figured it was about time to do so again. The problem was I just didn't have time to do it right then, so I decided to try a bottle of the AC Delco Fuel System Treatment Plus in the tank.

A few hundred miles later, the "Check engine" light went off and the idle was smooth again. It seemed to have a little more power as well. I talked to the Service Manager at my local dealer, a gentleman that I have know for some time. I asked if the problem and code could have just been a clogged injector or even a spark plug with deposits on it. He stated that either could have caused the problem and that the Fuel treatment could have cleaned it up and resolved the problem.

So, the moral of the story is that this product might be very helpful to your other vehicles as well!

Attachments

• ACDelco Fuel System Treatment Plus.jpg
    ACDelco Fuel System Treatment Plus.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,265
The AC delco fuel system treatment and Techron are the same thing.

They have the same base ingredients.

Techron is quite a bit less expensive if you get it at Walmart.

Anybody tried SeaFoam as an additive? I've used for several years and never had any type problems. Great for small engines around the house too.

ACDelco Fuel System Treatment Plus vs Chevron Techron

The AC delco fuel system treatment and Techron are the same thing.

Techron is quite a bit less expensive if you get it at Walmart.

I have just this week found out that GM has stopped selling the ACDelco Fuel System Treatment Plus.

The part # has been changed to a different number and the product they now sell is in a smaller, white bottle. The label mentions nothing about helping with sulfur deposits or contamination..

I purchased the remaining stock of part # 88861013 (6 bottles). I have yet to have a fuel gauge problem with Crimson Pearl while using this product.

Highly concerned about this issue, I did more research on the Chevron Techron product.

It appears that the 20 oz. container of the ACDelco product is identical to the 20 oz. bottle of Techron. Although it says nothing on the Techron label about sulfur deposits, the website does list it as a benefit of the use of the Techron product.

Additionally, the bottom of the plastic bottle that the ACDelco product comes in has the Chevron name and symbol molded into it just as the Techron bottle does.

I don't believe that there can be any other conclusion other than the ACDelco product is the same as Techron.

As quoted above by our fellow member and others in the past, this seems to be a fact.

I guess I'm just so protective of Crimson Pearl that I was not willing to take any chances with a fuel sensor problem, so I faithfully used the ACDelco product.

I also noticed when on the Techronworks.com site that NAPA stores have the 32 oz. bottle of Techron on sale for $10.99 through July 31, 2016. I purchased a 20 oz. Techron at Pep Boys this week for $13.99, not on sale. I checked the WalMart website and they show the 10 oz. bottle at $4.94.

I'll probably stock up with a few 32 oz. bottles from NAPA while they are on sale, seems like the best deal available.

Last edited:
Fuel Treatment,,,,

We use >
7080006_lco_10020_pri_larg.jpg

about every third fuel fill,,,,, and two or three times annually put in >

517CW7gcZiL._SY679_.jpg

Seafoam is good as well.....

jmo

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!