Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Adaptive Cruise Control. 2009 XLR-V.

09xlrv

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black Cherry XLR-V

Finally got around to reading my 2009 XLR-V owners manual and got to the section on "adaptive cruise control" and thought my car would certainly have it installed as I thought the only options for the 2009 XLR-V were the chrome wheels and the weather veil package (both of which it had) and I had read something about a factory available i-pod link for audio but have never seen any more about it. Anyway when I looked on the steering wheel for the "gap" button which apparently set the gap distance between you and the car in front of you, my car did not have it and instead had the "seek, up and down" button (middle button on left of steering wheel). I was surprised by that and starting google searching and read several reviews on the 2009 XLR-V that said the car came standard with it. But then I searched on the XLR net forums and found a report from "Rob" reviewing the history of the 2004-09 XLR's and in that review it said under "options" at the bottom of the review that "adaptive cruise control" was "not available" on the "2006-09 XLR-V".

Wondered if you know if that is correct and have an explanation for why it wasn't available?? Just curious.

Wonder if it had to do with the grill design and problems with placing the radar sensors with the design??

Also wonder if anyone knows anything about this ipod adaptor cadillac originally reported as an option of 2009 model XLR.

Again, just curious.

THANKS!!

Finally got around to reading my 2009 XLR-V owners manual and got to the section on "adaptive cruise control" and thought my car would certainly have it installed as I thought the only options for the 2009 XLR-V were the chrome wheels and the weather veil package (both of which it had) and I had read something about a factory available i-pod link for audio but have never seen any more about it. Anyway when I looked on the steering wheel for the "gap" button which apparently set the gap distance between you and the car in front of you, my car did not have it and instead had the "seek, up and down" button (middle button on left of steering wheel). I was surprised by that and starting google searching and read several reviews on the 2009 XLR-V that said the car came standard with it. But then I searched on the XLR net forums and found a report from "Rob" reviewing the history of the 2004-09 XLR's and in that review it said under "options" at the bottom of the review that "adaptive cruise control" was "not available" on the "2006-09 XLR-V".

Wondered if you know if that is correct and have an explanation for why it wasn't available?? Just curious.

Wonder if it had to do with the grill design and problems with placing the radar sensors with the design??

Also wonder if anyone knows anything about this ipod adaptor cadillac originally reported as an option of 2009 model XLR.

Again, just curious.

THANKS!!

No V has adaptive cruise control. The space used by the radar unit is used for additional coolers required for the supercharger.

Which IPOD adapter?

No V has adaptive cruise control. The space used by the radar unit is used for additional coolers required for the supercharger.

Which IPOD adapter?

Just saw that it was an option advertised by cadillac but never could find anything more. Check out this link from cadillac that speaks of it under the "INTERIOR" section:

http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/xlr/2009.html

Never could find any specifics from Cadillac to say if the part / option was available from them.

Thanks for the information!!

Adaptive Cruise Control & Lighting

I suggest you read that article again and you will find that only the XLR was noted to have the ACC, but it did mention that Adaptive lights that turn with the steering wheel. I think you just misread this article. It didn't mention anything about ACC being an option. Just my .02 :chuckle
Just saw that it was an option advertised by cadillac but never could find anything more. Check out this link from cadillac that speaks of it under the "INTERIOR" section:

http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/xlr/2009.html

Never could find any specifics from Cadillac to say if the part / option was available from them.

Thanks for the information!!

I suggest you read that article again and you will find that only the XLR was noted to have the ACC, but it did mention that Adaptive lights that turn with the steering wheel. I think you just misread this article. It didn't mention anything about ACC being an option. Just my .02 :chuckle

My last post which you just responded to was in reference to the ipod adaptor "option", NOT, the adaptive cruise control.

Adaptive Cruise Control. XLR-V.

This is why we try to stick to the thread of the post, Adaptive Cruise Control. XLR-V. Things have a way of getting confused, but I will apologize for not understanding that you were talking about the I-Pod.:blinzel:

My last post which you just responded to was in reference to the ipod adaptor "option", NOT, the adaptive cruise control.

The ipod adapter was said to come from Cadillac Accessories. Maybe a dealer can get one for you.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom