Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Are G Force performance chips a scam?

XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
I just saw an add on here for G Force Performance chips I was trying to figure out if anyone had heard of them or if the whole thing was just a scam.

I just saw an add on here for G Force Performance chips I was trying to figure out if anyone had heard of them or if the whole thing was just a scam.

I believe they are just smoke and mirrors. A performance ECU flash/upgrade from a reputable tuning company is the way to go. Companies like D3 Research & Design or Speed Innovations (they did my Crossfire) will reflash your ECU for better performance.

:cool:

You have to be careful when you do this especially if your car is under warranty. You can in fact lose your warranty. I have the Predator for my Vette but I am able to take it back to the GM settings when it goes into service.

Speedway

Anyway you slice it, they cannot deliver on their claim of a 60 HP increase from an otherwise stock XLR. With a different air intake and an aggressive retuning, you might gain somewhere near that but such a tune would need to be developed on a dyno by someone who knows their stuff.

I agree went through this with the Corvette all this stuff and claims havent sold me at all. Now if you spend the bucks there are ways to increase your HP where you will see a change. Mark, is a good example he increase his sheby I believe he said to 600HP. He also explained that it wasnt as expensive as one may think I forgot what the cost was and what he did maybe he will re-post it here.

Speedway

I agree with all the above, when I had my Crossfire done which included ECU tune/flash, a custom K&N air intake and Brabus/Startech injectors I had a total HP gain of 55 (dynoed). To get around any warranty issues, I had two ECU's and would switch them out as needed, but this can be costly. All together the extra ECU was $900.00, air intake was $225.00, Brabus/Startech injectors $475.00 and the tune/flash with dyno time was $375.00. The Chrysler Crossfire is built on the MB SLK 320 platform and just about any performance upgrade is costly. All in all the tune/flash was responsible for about 20 ponies.

:cool:

The part I enjoyed about the predator on the vette is it will let you reset the fan speeds and time intervals which living in Arizona is a big plus if you drive a lot in the summer and I am always in it. When I am with other Vettes they are always at around 220 on the temp gauge and I am around 190. I dont know if they offer this to XLR's.

Speedway

The chips are a scam. Normally all they are are resistors in a little package that they have you plug into your IAT sensor. The forced resistance level tells your car to run like air temps are always very cold which is best for a cars performance level (it runs stronger when it is 60 out versus 100 degrees).

Don't buy into the overpriced resistor.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back