Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
May the Best Car Win, in Action

October 13, 2009
By Bob Lutz
GM Vice Chairman

Last month, during a discussion with journalists about our “May the Best Car Win” marketing campaign, I was trying to get across just exactly what that theme means. And what it means is, of course, just what it says.

We have a lineup of vehicles that we think, if given a chance, can stack up with the best the rest of the automotive manufacturing world has to offer. One of the examples I cited was the Cadillac CTS-V, and I went so far as to challenge the journalists to find a stock production sedan on the planet that could outperform the CTS-V on the track. I proposed a track duel, “run what ya brung,” at a time and place to be determined.

Well, that time and place has been determined. The guys at Jalopnik.com were the first ones to respond to the challenge, quickly and most enthusiastically, but I suspect there will be more. We’ll be having a full racetrack challenge October 29 at the Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, N.Y., not far from the New York City area.

And I put the challenge out to you. If you own a car comparable to the Cadillac CTS-V (a 4-door production stock sport sedan) and you want to match up against me and the Cadillac, you can join us at Monticello. Follow the link here to fill out an application. From the list of applicants we’ll select several challengers to join us for the V-Series Challenge.

As I said in the previous chat, we’re going to take away every last excuse people have not to consider our products. We know that some consumers still think Cadillac cars do not have the top-end performance they believe the German luxury cars have. The development objective of the 556-hp Cadillac CTS- V was to create the world’s best high-performance sedan. In final testing, the car lapped the legendary Nurburgring in 7:59.32, fastest ever for a production sedan (recently eclipsed, reportedly, by Porsche Panamera). In other words, we believe we have achieved our goal of building the world’s fastest sedan, but I look forward to putting that theory to the test…. and may the best car win.

Web Site: http://www.ctsvchallenge.com/

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back