Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! ATTENTION ALL! XLR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

MERRY CHRISTMAS,,,,,,

:lol:

rregy,,,, (misspelled because you misspelled my screen name above).... I didn't even read your post above mine before posting, I read the newbie's post on the 'new owner introduction' page and then thought of the "class action lawsuit" thread against GM.

You are welcomed to your opinions, as am I. Apparently enough negative posting about parts availability, lack of service techs, and criticizing GM drew 'new member Tommiet' to the conclusion that a XLR isn't in the future for them. If I was reading this website NOW,,,,before we bought our beautiful, one owner, low mileage XLR,,,I most likely would not have bought it either after reading the many negative posts here. I understand the frustrations of XLR owners with problems of parts and repair,,,,but as I stated above > Unhappy with the car? >> Sell it or trade it in for something else to relieve your pain ... Move-on.

If the negative XLR posts and chatter continues, (as they probably will) we are creating a devaluation of the XLR into the dark abyss along with cars like the Cadillac Cimarron, Aztek, Corvair, Pinto, etc. If a XLR owner needs help with parts, service, or trying to figure out a problem with their car,,,,I'm just saying post their thread in the TECHNICAL DISCUSSION forum instead of berating the car into oblivion.

A comp to Pinto & Aztec? Ouch! :eek: Please don't do that anymore!

If I had found & read this site before getting my XLR, I never would have gone for it - & that was 6 years ago, before the current parts problem chatter. As it turns out, that would have been a mistake, as it was & is one of the best things I've ever gotten. I was speechless after test driving it because it was so cool, & it still makes me feel like a million bucks every time I'm in it. Even after we maybe should have "known better," Mike & I got a second XLR a few years ago. So, "all's well that ends well," at least for us. We've had fairly good luck with them & the knowledge here has helped.

Everyone needs to make his or her own call on whether a XLR is for them. There should be a happy medium between XLR & GM bashing, which isn't particularly helpful beyond letting off steam, & giving info so that people can make an informed choice before jumping in. I don't think this has ever been a good impulse buy car, without knowing what to check out & look for (seen a few posters that got bit by that).

This site is fortunate to have a pretty good group of members. I think if we can continue to help each other, and continue to creatively work up possible ideas to solve parts problems while trying to keep it lighthearted, we can keep enjoying our XLR's & keep them out of the great Aztec graveyard in the sky (or down in the hotter regions). :blinzel:

Personally I hate the negative talk. But that's why mine left. I am thinking about getting another one some time. If they devalue I'm not gonna complain. If I could by my old one back in a couple years for half what it was worth a few months ago, I will. This is as negative as I'm gonna get, and never again either. I do miss it, but don't regret the trade at this point.

My neighbor is still driving his Aztec and loves it. To each his own!

Sorry to see that you sold your "V", Mike. Just so you know, your original rims live on, and still look great.

:wave:

Tim
Personally I hate the negative talk. But that's why mine left. I am thinking about getting another one some time. If they devalue I'm not gonna complain. If I could by my old one back in a couple years for half what it was worth a few months ago, I will. This is as negative as I'm gonna get, and never again either. I do miss it, but don't regret the trade at this point.

Sorry to see that you sold your "V", Mike. Just so you know, your original rims live on, and still look great.

:wave:

Tim

Great to hear from you Tim, and glad you still have yours.

3D parts?

I've owned a few "hard to get parts" cars and the easiest way I've found even though not the most practical is a "spare" car. Or keep an eye out for a wrecked model somewhere then do your best to harvest all you can afford and save for that rainy day, makes for good parts swapping with other XLR owners later.

I'm only guessing here. But Tail light, headlight, 3rd brake light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine and not scared.

I also own a 1990 Ferrari Testarossa. I believe Ferrari only made 7,717 of these over 11 years. So, maybe there are 700 of these made for 1990, and maybe 1/2 of them still not wrecked :cool:

The headlights are activated by a stalk on the steering wheel, and little nylon part broke inside of mine.

NOS part was $2,500. Yep, for the headlight switch! Took it apart (CAREFULLY, Springs and copper bits and nylon unglueable plastic)... put it back together... voila!

The passenger auto-lap belt broke. Cheep plastic part. Ferrari recalled them (safety) but it broke again, they only fix it once. New seat belt NOS? $7,800 from the dealer. Still have stock. I fixed mine. After all, I ride in the driver seat ha!

If my LED's fritz out on my new to me XLR tailights, I bet I can get in there... Happy to try on someone else's first :reddevil

ADD ON: I just read all the posts about $4,000 headlights on ebay. I respectfully ask forgiveness.

Last edited:
Make mine a Black Cherry

Who ever is taking orders for 3D printing a whole XLR, make mine a Black Cherry and while your at it might as well be a V.

Graham

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back