Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Warning! Cabin Air Filter & Mouse

DanF

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinum XLR
After having my XLR less then a week I thought I would have a look at my Cabin Air Filter, looks like a mouse had a home in there :ugh:. Hopefully he's gone and not nesting in my dash somewhere. Does anyone know the original GM number for the filter?

001.jpg

After having my XLR less then a week I thought I would have a look at my Cabin Air Filter, looks like a mouse had a home in there :ugh:. Hopefully he's gone and not nesting in my dash somewhere. Does anyone know the original GM number for the filter?

View attachment 3543

You might want to check your air intake filters as well. I bought my car from a friend who could no longer drive it. It sat in his garage for two years. When I had my mechanic look at it, he found the same thing in the cabin filter, but in the air intake filters as well. They had even taken Decon pellets up into their "nest" apparently as food storage. He didn't find any wire damage, thankfully. Rodents seem to like the plastic used for wiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might want to check your air intake filters as well. I bought my car from a friend who could no longer drive it. It sat in his garage for two years. When I had my mechanic look at it, he found the same thing in the cabin filter, but in the air intake filters as well. They had even taken Decon pellets up into their "nest" apparently as food storage. He didn't find any wire damage, thankfully. Rodents seem to like the plastic used for wiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The insulation on the wires and especially plug wires are made with vegetable oil. I guess it taste good to them.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom