Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Caddy convert

quick66ss

My XLR/V(s)
I am new to the forum as I am helping my dad with his XLR project. He picked up a 2005 with 14,000 miles a few years ago. My stepmom drives it a few times a year. As of late they have been having typical issues with it. I just recently picked up a 2005 CTS V so I can feel his pain. The most recent issue he is dealing with is the shift solenoid C failure that we are working on this weekend. I will be lurking around trying to gain some knowledge so I can help him as he deals with more of the gremlins these cars have. Right now the car is sitting on the original tires so I told him that the car cannot be driven until he gets some new rubber on it.

I am new to the forum as I am helping my dad with his XLR project. He picked up a 2005 with 14,000 miles a few years ago. My stepmom drives it a few times a year. As of late they have been having typical issues with it. I just recently picked up a 2005 CTS V so I can feel his pain. The most recent issue he is dealing with is the shift solenoid C failure that we are working on this weekend. I will be lurking around trying to gain some knowledge so I can help him as he deals with more of the gremlins these cars have. Right now the car is sitting on the original tires so I told him that the car cannot be driven until he gets some new rubber on it.

I just replaced my tires that were put on in the late summer of 2011 and figured I better be safe than sorry as they were pushing my 'personal max' age of 7 years. Good lord, 13 years old..... ticking time bombs! :spin::blowup:

20180520_182301.jpgNot bad for 13 year old tires.

???

Quick 66,,, Are those the tires on the car when purchased,,,or new tires?

Those are date coded 2004 and are the factory rubber. I was shocked to see that my dad was driving on them.

tires

I would run those down to the belts on my Hyundai. I have new Michelins that are about 1 year old and they look to be dry rotted. I contacted Michelin and they said "that's normal" Look plum awful. Uv is what kills tire rubber.

Welcome !

Original tires look amazing. Yet, aged speed rated tires are probably not a good bet. So agree. Last year for similar reasons I put a new set of Bridgestone Run Flats on mine. Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom