Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Code P0158-O2 Circuit High Voltage

Tiger38117

I have a new code today...P0158, "O2 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2, Sensor 2)". I assume this means I need to replace an O2 sensor (right???). Where is "Bank 2, Sensor 2"?

Thanks

Explanation of the PO158 DTC:

The heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) produces a voltage between 100-900 mV under normal operating conditions. The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the signal to determine if the exhaust is too lean or rich on each of two banks (1&2). As you stated correctly, your callout is for bank 2.

The Bank 2 Sensor 2 location is just aft of the left (driver’s side) catalytic converter on top end of the exhaust pipe at the two o'clock position looking forward. (Sensor 1 is located forward of the cat.)

To replace the sensor:

1. Remove the sensor when the exhaust system temp is >120 degrees or it may be difficult to remove. (As if working on a hot exhaust system isn't difficult enough!)

Note: A special anti-seize compound is applied to replacement sensors.
If an old sensor is re-used, apply anti-seize compound P/N 5613695 or equivalent.

2. Raise and support the vehicle.
3. De-mate the sensor electrical connector.
4. Remove and replace the sensor. Torque to 30 ft/lbs.
5. Mate the sensor electrical connector.
6. Lower the car and have a beer or two. Or three!

If you don’t reset the DTC with a Tech 2, the MIL should extinguish after three ignition cycles if everything is working as it should.

CC :wave:<strike></strike>

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry