Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

CONVERTIBLE TOP

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Is it possible to stop the top in a position where the rear window can have tint film replaced easily??

Yes, I did that. It will start folding in on itself however. My installer laid the film on the outside of the rear window, trimmed it to size, then I folded the top down halfway and he quickly installed the film inside. If you stop the roof on going down, finish that cycle. Likewise, if the top was going up and you stopped it halfway, finish that cycle.

Sorry about tagging on to this thread, but I haven't figured out how to start a thread. Looking at buying an '09 xlr. Top retracts smoothly. When top is put back up it clunks as it closes. Any ideas??????

Steve...........................

Sorry about tagging on to this thread, but I haven't figured out how to start a thread. Looking at buying an '09 xlr. Top retracts smoothly. When top is put back up it clunks as it closes. Any ideas??????

Steve...........................

Steve, I don't know what you mean by a clunk when it closes but mine makes a thud kind of a noise. It's just the weight of the top coming down on the top of the windshield locking into place.
John F.

John F
Thank you for your reply. Very Helpful!!! I had a friend inspect the car before I drive to see it and he was concerned with the noise. I now have an idea of why it would make a noise when I inspect it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom