Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Does anyone have a front hide-a-plate on their XLR?

BeardBros

Seasoned Member
I live in Illinois so a front plate is required. I was thinking about the hide-a-plate for my car. I see them on corvettes all the time. Anyone have any experience or have one installed on their XLR?

I live in Washington state which requires both plates but allows you to put the front plate in the windshield if you don't have a front holder. Just has to be visible.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I thought about running one of those, but, have enough "grounding" issues without adding extra inches underneath the front.

I opted to go with a no drill mount from

Store - Sly Brackets

because I would rather pay daily tickets than drill into my baby, Quinn. I chose the Bozzmount-MG for mesh grills. I had to perform a little "surgery" on the lower grill (a snip here and there to be able to get the mounting bracket in, but, better to snip the plastic than drill the body as far as I'm concerned [emoji6]) but, I've ran them a week and everything seems purrrfect!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

One of our members has on of these. He removed a small section of the lower grille as opposed to under the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about running one of those, but, have enough "grounding" issues without adding extra inches underneath the front.

I opted to go with a no drill mount from

Store - Sly Brackets

because I would rather pay daily tickets than drill into my baby, Quinn. I chose the Bozzmount-MG for mesh grills. I had to perform a little "surgery" on the lower grill (a snip here and there to be able to get the mounting bracket in, but, better to snip the plastic than drill the body as far as I'm concerned [emoji6]) but, I've ran them a week and everything seems purrrfect!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of how this mounted? I was looking into these brackets but it looked too deep to work:dunno:

I had one... I took it off after 6 months... I was scraping it everywhere... I almost broke the entire thing off when parking once and it hit a parking block.

And in the Houston area, they pretty much stopped giving tickets for missing plates unless you are pulled over for some other infraction... I just throw it on the dash when I get pulled over - i typically get a verbal "That needs to be permanently mounted" but no ticket for it - so far.

Its cool - very james bond... but I didn't find it very practical.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom