Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Doo Dad (possibly a wiring mount) Came Loose in Trunk

MGibson.MSO

A little part popped loose from my trunk after I loaded it with luggage recently.

7e6411c3ebe73ffab6056982d0bb6887.jpg

4868330cf7811582257d264591b57b90.jpg

It appears to clip on somewhere. I think it’s intended to hold a wiring harness that dangles inside the trunk just behind the cabin.

f8c27101a6b4d1c645501c7f46e7efa3.jpg

I can’t figure out how it goes back together. None of spots that would appear to hold a clip seem to work. I’d appreciate any helpful guidance anybody might offer. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops. Wrong forum. Moderators, please move my post to the correct place. Thanks.

Oops. Wrong forum. Moderators, please move my post to the correct place. Thanks.

the part with the hole and slot on each side is taped to the wiring harness. just tape wrapped around each side. then its clipped on to the mount. should be a double scratch o nthe painted part near the wiring to keep it close. I will look and see if I can get a photo

the part with the hole and slot on each side is taped to the wiring harness. just tape wrapped around each side. then its clipped on to the mount. should be a double scratch o nthe painted part near the wiring to keep it close. I will look and see if I can get a photo

Thanks a bunch, Mickey. The black tab at about 11:00 from the plastic housing where the wire harness originates looks like a likely spot. Is that correct? Next question: does it go on pointing up or pointing down?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back