Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Dream Cars Weekend @ Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
A friend of mine, Tara Bush who is an avid classic car nut and fellow *'Acadian' owner is hosting this Dream Cars Weekend show on September 4-5th. It sounds like the first event was a huge success and she is planning bigger and better things this year. So if you are a Floridian or planning on being there on the Labor Day weekend you got to check this out. Open to all makes, models and years of cars, it would be a great opportunity for anyone in that general area to travel together to go to this.
Dream Cars Weekend at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Also check out her site www.crusinorlando.com and you can sign up for her e-newsletter, she is also affiliated with www.flacarshows.com and is the events co-ordinator at the new ACE Café in Orlando www.acecafausa.com that will be opening this fall.

*Acadian Trivia: Acadians are Canadian GM cars that were sold in Canada only from 1962 thru 1971. Initially built in Oshawa Canada but production was moved to Michigan from 6 thru 71. There were various models that were all basically Chevrolet bodies & drive train cars with unique Acadian trim and interiors that were similar to the Pontiac interiors and usually sported Pontiac dashes only bearing the Acadian chevron that was similar but different from the Pontiac. They were sold thru the Pontiac-Buick-Vauxhall dealer network and many consider these Canadian Pontiac cars: hence they are welcome at the Pontiac shows which is where I met Tara! We have our 1964 Acadian Beaumont Wagon (think Malibu wagon, there are pics in my albums here) and Tara has a 1967 Canso (think Chevy ll/Nova)

Last edited:
Acadian Beaumont photos

*Acadian Trivia: Acadians are Canadian GM cars that were sold in Canada only from 1962 thru 1971. Initially built in Oshawa Canada but production was moved to Michigan from 6 thru 71. There were various models that were all basically Chevrolet bodies & drive train cars with unique Acadian trim and interiors that were similar to the Pontiac interiors and usually sported Pontiac dashes only bearing the Acadian chevron that was similar but different from the Pontiac. They were sold thru the Pontiac-Buick-Vauxhall dealer network and many consider these Canadian Pontiac cars: hence they are welcome at the Pontiac shows which is where I met Tara! We have our 1964 Acadian Beaumont Wagon (think Malibu wagon, there are pics in my albums here) and Tara has a 1967 Canso (think Chevy ll/Nova)

Here are two photos of an Acadian Beaumont coupe. I took these photos at a BBQ that is held annually at the shop of a gentleman that builds streetrods and drag cars. Most that attend drive vehicles of interest.

J. Eds Deuce front.jpgJ. Eds XLR with friends.jpgJ. Eds Beaumont rear.jpgJ. Eds Beaumont front.jpg

You'll notice that the Beaumont looks a lot like a Chevelle with Pontiac parts, as Sandy stated!

You can see I drove Crimson Pearl.

The 1932 3-window coupe is my brother's car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom