Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

FOB # 1

chasepam

My XLR/V(s)
2009 xlr
Bought 2009 XLR and FOB # 1 lets car start but shows options not available. How does one reprogram FOB # 1? FOB # 2 works fine

The FOB settings are actually retained in the cars memory. Get in the car with FOB 1 and adjusteverything to suit you. This includesseats, steering column, mirrors for backing up (I like mine to adjust down andmy hubby does not, he has FOB 2), stereo settings etc. I do this with the car running but I am notsure if you actually have to have it running or not. You then push the corresponding button on thefront left edge of the drivers seat: hold if for a few seconds, it will beep (Ibelieve 3 times) and now you are set. Ifyou realize when driving later that you really should have had your mirrorslightly different you can adjust it again then push that button again until it beeps.

All this stuff is covered in your owners manual but if youjust got your car your head will be spinning with all the info. I have had my car for a year now and I stillam learning. If you did not get themanual with the car I a 2009 too and have it in PDF format on my computer so PMme your email (send a personal message on this forum) and I will send it to you.<o:p></o

Welcome to the wonderful world of XLR ownership:congratulations on your purchase. Thisforum is a fabulous source of info, support and friendship! BTW: what colour did you get, how many miles etc?

Manuals available on this site

Don't forget that Owner's Manuals are available on this site!

https://www.xlr-net.com/specs/2009/2009_cadillac_xlr_v_owners.pdf

When I purchased my XLR, it was on a Tuesday, but I was not going to pick it up until Friday, as it was raining on Tuesday and was going to rain through Thursday.

I forgot to take the owners manual with me, but was able to access it here on this site and was able to fully read it and digest most of it that week. As a result, I was much more knowledgeable when I picked it up and drove it home Friday!

Along with the very good advice you were given by the others, you should also check the Auto Recall Settings in the DIC as shown on page 3-74 of the owners manual. Best of luck.

Uintah

Bought 2009 XLR and FOB # 1 lets car start but shows options not available. How does one reprogram FOB # 1? FOB # 2 works fine

FOB #1

The FOB settings are actually retained in the cars memory. Get in the car with FOB 1 and adjusteverything to suit you. This includesseats, steering column, mirrors for backing up (I like mine to adjust down andmy hubby does not, he has FOB 2), stereo settings etc. I do this with the car running but I am notsure if you actually have to have it running or not. You then push the corresponding button on thefront left edge of the drivers seat: hold if for a few seconds, it will beep (Ibelieve 3 times) and now you are set. Ifyou realize when driving later that you really should have had your mirrorslightly different you can adjust it again then push that button again until it beeps.

All this stuff is covered in your owners manual but if youjust got your car your head will be spinning with all the info. I have had my car for a year now and I stillam learning. If you did not get themanual with the car I a 2009 too and have it in PDF format on my computer so PMme your email (send a personal message on this forum) and I will send it to you.<o:p></o

Welcome to the wonderful world of XLR ownership:congratulations on your purchase. Thisforum is a fabulous source of info, support and friendship! BTW: what colour did you get, how many miles etc?

2009 red/ebony interior. 16800 miles. I have a 2005 as well. Fob1 was set up to my driving settings but when I start the car nothing happens. I have to hit options and then see no options available then I hit the driver 1 seat button to get it to go to my settings. When I get in car with the # 2 fob it goes directly to the settings like it is designed to do without having to push seat buttons. The information in the manual states how to set up fobs 2,3,and 4 if you have fob 1 present. The other direction is to wipe all the fob memories out and start from scratch. Don't know if I want to risk that. Wife drives the 2005 mostly so I probably will just use the #2 fob for now.

2009 red/ebony interior. 16800 miles. I have a 2005 as well. Fob1 was set up to my driving settings but when I start the car nothing happens. I have to hit options and then see no options available then I hit the driver 1 seat button to get it to go to my settings. When I get in car with the # 2 fob it goes directly to the settings like it is designed to do without having to push seat buttons. The information in the manual states how to set up fobs 2,3,and 4 if you have fob 1 present. The other direction is to wipe all the fob memories out and start from scratch. Don't know if I want to risk that. Wife drives the 2005 mostly so I probably will just use the #2 fob for now.

Just some additional thoughts. On my car when I unlock the door with the fob nothing happens unless the seat is not in the correct memory exit setting, such as when my wife has driven the car and it is positioned to her memory exit settings. If I drove it last the seat will be set to my memory exit settings until I start the vehicle, then everything moves to my driving settings.

Uintah

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back