Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fob discontinued

Bayard

My XLR/V(s)
XlR v
Need a key fob for 2006 cadillac xlr can’t fine one. Fob has been discontinued by cadillac and there’s none Available on the internet. Will any other gm key fob work? Or does any body have and extra one for sale.

I see the Bulgari fobs every so often on Ebay, most of them used. You can also get the newer fob that's used by the 2008/2009 cars and they will program perfectly. I know, I have 2 of them. Have your real key cut to the included key with the fob and you'll always have a key to manually unlock the car if needed

Anyone know the part# of the FOBs that have the key in it and work on a 2006? I have seen some information that the 2008 & 09 CTS do work?

Part number for 08-09 fob is 25926473 for number 1 and25926474 for number 2
About half the cars i work on has corvette fobs but ive never tried one myself .they look the sam just a vette emblem instead of a caddy

Part number for 08-09 fob is 25926473 for number 1 and25926474 for number 2
About half the cars i work on has corvette fobs but ive never tried one myself .they look the sam just a vette emblem instead of a caddy
Thanks for the reply!

Need a key fob for 2006 cadillac xlr can’t fine one. Fob has been discontinued by cadillac and there’s none Available on the internet. Will any other gm key fob work? Or does any body have and extra one for sale.
Got the key fob the 2008-09 XLR,s for my 2006 and it works perfect. Cadillac told me it wouldn’t work. They are wrong. Thanks for the information.

I bought a 2005 and they lost the fob & key before we could pick it up. I see that Mickeytee posted that Corvette fobs work. Is that correct even though the Corvette fob is 4-button vs. 3-button?

I also see the comment regarding the 08-09 fobs working too. do the new style fobs still fit in the glovebox pocket?

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone can provide.

I replaced the old Bulgari fobs with the 08-09 fobs on my 06 XLR. Works perfectly, and had the key cut for the emergency trunk release. And it fit in the fob slot in the glove compartment.

Rexster,

Thanks for the reply and the confirmation. Much appreciated.

We have a 2006 XLR V and it came with only one key fob. Through this thread there seems to be a lot of back and forth but I can't seem to get a clear answer. I tried the website listed previously in this forum in hopes of getting one from another year and all are sold out. Will a Corvette or another Cadillac or other GM vehicle work and if so, what year(s)?

The factory refurbished price is really not out of line. A for from a salvage dealer will likely run about $50 or more plus shipping.

Here is a good site for programming instructions:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back