Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! FRONT LIGHT CONDENSATION

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all...Have condensation on Driver side front light after using my baby....Car has never been in the rain and is garage kept...I thought maybe there was some humidity in the garage but condensation does not happen when there..
I's only when I return home from being out on the road that I notice it
It does dissipate after a period of time and it the light looks fine when sitting in garage
Attached some photos from different angles..
Hope someone has some insight on this ...
As always ..thanks in advance for the help..

Attachments

• 20210911_175259 (1).jpg
    20210911_175259 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 20210911_175308.jpg
    20210911_175308.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • 20210911_175312.jpg
    20210911_175312.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
that usually occurs with the lights made in 06. The lens on them get loose around the gray seal and let moisture in. it could also be one of the rubber nipple seals on the back of the light is stuck or missing. for moisture to get in there has to be a broken seal at some point.

Thanks as usual mickeytee...Is that something that can be looked at and tightened if necessary or am I in for bigger issues...

nothing I know of to repair. Just check the seal on the outer lens and make sure it is not loose on the gray support frame. You can tap it around the edge lightly and see if it sounds solid and look to see if the color of the gray reinforcement looks consistent all the way around . especially at the lower corner. Other than that it would require removing the headlight to check the housing on the back side

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom