Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! front shocks

Golhock

My XLR/V(s)
Black /Black 2005 XLR
Hey guys..anybody have a good source for front shocks..high performance or other wise..for a 2005 Cadillac XLR ..any help with this would be helpful..thank you for reading my post, and roll on!

Generally I have found Amazon or summit racing have good prices on shocks, sorry not specific to your 2005. There are generally only oem replacements available unless you are looking to eliminate the mag ride option. I which case you can use Blistiens and Casper eliminators. Other threads cover this in detail.

I bought the AC Delco stock replacements from Rock Auto. In my other rides, which are completely different Mitsubishi Monteros, some guys use Bilsteins, which happen to be the suggested non-MagRide replacement brand. They make a great shock, too. I just happened to want to experience what the stock suspension was like when it worked correctly. All four of my stock shocks were leaking badly at 84,000 miles on the clock. I'm really happy with the stock shocks, but then again, I'd better be for the low,low price of about $1400 for the set of four (self-installed).

John B.

Thank you fireduck69..I will look at summit racing

Johnny b..thank you..yeah I still want the manga ride...I've been quoted 2k..which I thought was reasonable for full replacements.but I'll look into the others as well

Rexster314..thank you..I found $855 for both fronts shock absorbers, AC Delco OEM with magnetic resonance real-time damping
Is there any other parts needed when I buy these? I see shock reinforced brackets...shock lower insulators??shock retainer plate?
Also..I'm thinking of replacing the upper and lower control arms and ball joints on the front..have you any after market recommendations..or best performance parts replacement arms?

$360.79 per shock on RockAuto for genuine front shocks. You can get a code for 5% off easily (PM me if you need one) and that usually covers shipping. No tax. If you want to spend more, go for it.

Some people replace the leveling bolts at the same time-a quick search on here will turn those up.

Suspension and steering parts by Moog (Problem Solver line), Proforged, MevoTech (Supreme series) and of course AC Delco are all good and all available at RockAuto. No idea about upgrades.

John B.

Golhock, you could also reuse your front control arms, replace the bushings with Energy Suspension polyurethane (black OR red) and install new ball joints. That's more economical, just more labor-intensive. RockAuto also has all those parts.

Jhn B.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back