Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Part #12613455 needed!!

traderricky

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinum XLR
I need one of these solenoids and they are obsolete. Anyone know where to buy one??

used

are you sure of the part number ?? it shows that fits an srx and sts I think. it does not show on the xlr
there is a used one on ebay for 300$ so they must be hard to get. Amazon shows three suppliers but they did not look to see that 2 show out of stock and one is acdelco 4-6 weeks because they do not have any. The gm dealer someone listed does not have them either they just listed it like they do they show it back ordered

Last edited:
are you sure of the part number ?? it shows that fits an srx and sts I think. it does not show on the xlr
there is a used one on ebay for 300$ so they must be hard to get. Amazon shows three suppliers but they did not look to see that 2 show out of stock and one is acdelco 4-6 weeks because they do not have any. The gm dealer someone listed does not have them either they just listed it like they do they show it back ordered

That is what I have been running into, out of stock and obsolete part. My repair shop is having a hard time finding it, and because we live in Hawaii, even more hard to find!!!

That is what I have been running into, out of stock and obsolete part. My repair shop is having a hard time finding it, and because we live in Hawaii, even more hard to find!!!

Hello, what island are you on? I have a 05 xlr, I live on Oahu!

Solution?

Did you ever source a part? Both of the ones on my STS are leaking and I am having a hard time find a pair as well.

cam shaft acuator # 12613455

For a 2006 xlr, I need 4 if anyone can help me find a place that has them.

Thanks teammates!

Trell

old thread but people are still looking for these. the above number is for the magnet not the VVT itself. 12613455 is no longer made and Dorman the only company making them has no date in sight for new ones. I have a nice collection of used ones and 3 GM factory ones should anyone need any

The linked website reeks of bad news... :-(

Found this...

Hi,
Very thoughtful however I'd have to advise everyone that the linked website is 1) not secure and 2) just a reseller-reseller. Summary: basically a scam based on crawled results you could find with a Google search.

I'd highly recommend to avoid that site, and for sure, don't key in any personal info of any sort.

Rex and L.T.S. have provided reasonable options - please consider them first.

;)

yes I can tell you for a fact that there are none new anywhere .I bought the last ones some time ago. I do have a few used ones if anyone needs them Like Gord says many of these sites and that one for sure just gathers information to pass on to other sellers who will look for the item to buy and then resell. I have 10 ordered from Dorman so as soon /if they ever make the m again I will pass on the information. If anyone is looking to do this job I have a work around that will save you close to 1000$ at a steallership.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom