Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Headlight sticking

Hooleo

My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared
I have a 2006 xlr that a headlight is sticking. Is there anyway to lube the light. If so, what should I use?

its most likely gotten moisture in it and the motor is failing .That's what I have found on the ones I have seen. You can remove the light and the rear cover and wit ha long needle oiler may be able to get to the pivot points and drop a drop of any non petroleum based oil on it. Does it go ahead and move after a while or just stick and stop and not return to the neutral driving position? I would most likely If it breaks the ball socket you have problems as its not available and the only way to get into it it a total lens removal and rebuild. I believe if you unplug the wire to the little motor in the light you get a code on the dash. Pm me when yo ulook at it with more info and I will send you some photos of what you are looking for .

Thanks. It does work most of the time. I was out after dark and they stuck down and on dim I couldn't see to drive. I had to keep the lights on high beam. The next day I messed with them and they worked right most of the time. When I turned them off and back on they did move back to the neutral position. Thank you for your help.

A little confused! Does the headlight actually move? I ever noticed

Thanks for the info. A friend has a 2007 that I’ll have to check out

you have two separate parts In the headlight A shutter that blocks part of the bulb which is just a solenoid actuator and a little motor that moves the lens (articulates)

It will be a while before I take the headlight out. When I get to it I will let you know what is going on. I appreciate your information. I've had the car for about 4 years and love it.

NMB Linear Actuator

I made a NMB Linear Actuator driver that I hook up to the headlight plug. With a remote card, I can drive the headlight motor forward and back to check it without taking it out of the car. Customers don't pay me for a miss-diagnosis. NMB motor nested in a headlight; cool when they work but a dumb idea long term.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom