Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hi I'm Guido, brand new member

Guido

My XLR/V(s)
Black/Raven 2006 XLR/V
Hi ya'll. I'm a new resident to NC and think I may have bought the only 2006 XLR-V for sale in this state several months ago. So far I like the car but have been plagued with overheating issues at only 64k miles. Sensor, thermostat, coolant related. Is this common or and anomaly? Glad I bought the extended warranty though. Please advise. Thanks.

Welcome and I'm glad to see another new to North Carolinian.
Appreciate the we'll wishes. Came here from MD to escape the taxes, crime and traffic. Love it here after a year. People are nice and gentile, something you don't necessarily find up North.

I think the v has a variable speed controller for the electric fan. The hotter the car gets the faster its supposed to run. Those controllers on the vettes do go bad and i assume its the same on the V .I will look and let you know.

What mickeytee said is correct. This is easily tested with a tech2. I’m thinking a minor leak in head gasket could do this. Simple compression test will tell.

What mickeytee said is correct. This is easily tested with a tech2. I’m thinking a minor leak in head gasket could do this. Simple compression test will tell.
Will do. Can do a lot on my own, but Caddie dealer down here looks at this XLR-V like it is an alien vehicle. Need to find somebody who knows these rare beasts and can diagnose and fix without keeping it a week.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom