Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

High Flow Air Filters For a 2006 V

XLR-V Husker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V
Everyone:
Got a 2006 V and cant find any high flow air filters for it. Got any suggestions on who might still have 2? Really want to keep the stock system and just change the filters.

I 3D print these bad boys for XLRs. The two K&N filters last a lifetime.

Air-Intake-V5-Front-with-Filters.jpg

Air-Intake-V5-Back-with-Filters.jpg

What is the price for this bad boy? And will fit a 2006 V?

You can get K&N filters to fit the V but they can cause problems with the MAS getting contaminated by the oil.

You can get K&N filters to fit the V but they can cause problems with the MAS getting contaminated by the oil.
If MAF contamination were a big problem, most of the Corvette and Chevy truck aftermarket air intake systems for sale would not be using K&N air filters.

and if you read the forums most of the people who ran K and N no longer do. Very fine line between perfect amounts of oil on the filter and too much. I have seen a lot of cars with them that have problems with the Maf . I would not run them on my bicycle. I know of lots of people who ran them and replaced them and now no longer have any problems. But of course K and n says otherwise . "

We are aware of the "urban myth" created by a few dealerships that a vehicle's MAF sensor can be contaminated by K&N filter oil. No evidence has ever been provided to support this "myth" and years of diagnostic testing by K&N has shown that not only is this allegation not real, it is not even possible. In our opinion, it is an excuse for a dealership and/or the vehicle manufacturer to avoid a legitimate warranty repair. In the last 4 years, we have sold over 10,000,000 lifetime air filters and received only a few hundred calls from consumers who are having dealership or service provider challenge

So they say. I have personally worked on customers vehicles that the MAF was coated in oil and had to be cleaned, also the K&N is designed for racing not day to day street driving and do not filter as well. Street engines are not frequently rebuilt like racing engines.

I 3D print these bad boys for XLRs. The two K&N filters last a lifetime.

View attachment 14195

View attachment 14194
I have a 2009 Platinum. Bought a volant system and the air duct is too long from the duct with the electric plug in module. The volant also has a breather hose and my '09 doesn't. Are you still 3d printing? How much? Thanks!

Attachments

• Volant vs original 09 Platinum 2x.jpg
    Volant vs original 09 Platinum 2x.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Volant vs original 09 Platinum 5x.jpg
    Volant vs original 09 Platinum 5x.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 96

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!