Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: I don't like this one bit!

And now, almost three years later if you google "Cadillac Johan China" you will pull up articles on introducing 9 new models there, push to sell there, etc. In fact, Cadillac's CEO has even defended adoption of an Audi/Infinity style of naming on the basis of what sells in China:
"What ever happened to names like Fleetwood, DeVille and Eldorado?" Crain wrote in an editorial last week. "Those romantic names have little relevance to a millennial premium shopper in China, for instance, where the reality is that alphanumeric nomenclature is a deeply entrenched industrywide practice," de Nysschen wrote. Of course, Caddy's gotta do whatever it can to get sales.

It's interesting to note that Cadillac's current hottest seller, the Escalade, actually has a name (& the same name since introduction), and off the top of my head I think Cadillac was the first with that type of luxury SUV concept, instead of trying to copy or catch up with some other manufacturer. Of course maybe that's just a coincidence with the sales ...

I guess I am in the minority.

I'm happy if US companies make money by selling cars to the single largest growth market on the planet.

I would rather they not move production of domestic cars there. But I'm all for Chinese learning to love Chevy and Buick instead of Toyota and Honda.

Do you want to change a country? Win the hearts of it's people.

Thank you for this info.

Out of all this tragedy, there is some small comfort in knowing we are still driving one of the last great American made (pre-bailout) Cadillacs. And I now better understand why so many important XLR parts are not available; GM has abandoned it's homeland.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom