Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

I got good news on my balky top retraction problem

o2bndair

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Ebony/Cashmere
History: I took my '07 to the local dealer to address my balky top (would only go up and down with manual assistance). They replaced the latch mechanism ($650) which did absolutely no good ("that's what the Tech II said to do"). They then recommended replacement of the hydraulic system ($3500) which I declined.

Several months passed. I decided to take it to Bud Davis Cadillac in Memphis. They discovered that the right front tonneau was loose and binding. They reinstalled the tonneau. FIXED- for $375 labor and no parts!

I'm one happy camper!

History: I took my '07 to the local dealer to address my balky top (would only go up and down with manual assistance). They replaced the latch mechanism ($650) which did absolutely no good ("that's what the Tech II said to do"). They then recommended replacement of the hydraulic system ($3500) which I declined.

Several months passed. I decided to take it to Bud Davis Cadillac in Memphis. They discovered that the right front tonneau was loose and binding. They reinstalled the tonneau. FIXED- for $375 labor and no parts!

I'm one happy camper!

The latch either releases or it doesn't. On lock, it pulls down. Once released the decklid is powered by hydraulics, the latch is physically too far away to have any influence in decklid operation.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom