Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Ink on the Alcantara

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

So today I'm driving the V and decide to write an addy down , Accidentally got a one inch long blue ink line on the door panel alcantara material. Any suggestions as to what can be done to remove it?? . I don't want to experiment. Have heard hairspray can work, but I want it out and don't want a blue "haze" in that area. The color is that beige tan

Bill

might try WD-40..... its a miracle spray for removing stuff

:pukeface: My thought on smelling WD-40 soaked into something absorbent like Alcantara, although others may like the scent. And I’m thinking it might stain fabric??

Hair spray can possibly smell better, would probably take a few tries to get all of it. Alcantara is finicky to mess with (I really don’t like it). May want to follow up with some Alcantara cleaner. I’ve considered this info before: How to Clean and Protect Alcantara | Ask a Pro Blog

Dr. Beasley’s has a cleaner too - I’ve used their Alcantara protectant (like it) but not the cleaner. I see they also sell this & say it cleans ink: Microsuede Stain Remover | Dr. Beasley's. If it were me I’d probably try that, or do a google search & see what else is out there. It may take trying a few different products.

Good luck!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back