Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Interior "Chalking"

6444johnf

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR
I really don't drive my XLR very much, but recently there has been a "chalky" film on some the the interior leather. Now I keep the car in a dehumidified and keep the air circulating in the garage. In the trunk and interior I keep descant bags. I'm at a loss about this stuff. When I first purchased the XLR I had a spot on the dash board that I cleaned up with Murphy's Oil Soap, I think. Is this a standard issue or what?

chalking

I really don't drive my XLR very much, but recently there has been a "chalky" film on some the the interior leather. Now I keep the car in a dehumidified and keep the air circulating in the garage. In the trunk and interior I keep descant bags. I'm at a loss about this stuff. When I first purchased the XLR I had a spot on the dash board that I cleaned up with Murphy's Oil Soap, I think. Is this a standard issue or what?
Most likely has had a little water inside and its just mold on the leather. I see it on a few cars that sit for a while and do not have fresh air in and out of the car

This brings up the fact I need to drive the XLR more and work less! Thanks for your insight Mickeytee

I'm hoping this doesn't make me seem to be ignorant, but here is goes. What aspects of our interiors are leather and what's plastic?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom