Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

it needs to stop Top module 3500$

long Tall Sally

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr dove gray
I just ran across a listing on ebay that someone bought a top module used for 3500$. and it was an auction so several people were willing to pay close to that to get one. We have got to come together as a group and each pay some money and find a source to get these parts like that made. I have a used top module and would sell it but hate to ask the going price for it. if I need one myself I would have to pay this stupid money. I mean I put my top down manually and it took just a little while. I don't want to have to do it all the time manually but before I spent 3500 on a module I would make a switch box like our friend at top hydraulics on his video and manually move switches to make it work.

Long Tall Sally. Your's is an excellent post. I also own a Chev SSR and they have a group such as we do here. There are a few members that have excellent knowledge of these truck, know how to fix them , especially the tops. They have made parts for the group and have tech sessions around the country and 15-20 trucks get together and everyone works on them. I have never heard of anyone getting gouged on a part or charged for service. At this time there is nothing like this with the XLR ownership. I have mentioned this before. I think one of the biggest reasons why people sell their XLR's is because they can't get parts. We do have people that can make these parts. That is unfortunate but maybe one day it will change.
John F.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back