Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

just sayin' Hello

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
It has been a long time since I have been on here. Just wondering how many of the 'old crew' are here and want to say 'HI' to newer members! I still have my '09 XLR (purchased May of 2011) and drive it reasonably often! It made the round trip from Ontario Canada to Port Charlotte Florida for the 3 or 4 winters. Other than the pathetically small storage/trunk area: it is such a fabulous highway car for that 1500 mile 'one way' trip. Sadly with covid, we did not go to FL this past winter but that is NOT going to happen again. We did purchase a 65 Cutlass Convertible for Florida so I do not plan to take the X back south any time soon. We are both still having fun with classic cars and just completed resurrection of a 1963 Oldsmobile F85 4 speed Jetfire (rare factory turbo car) and this will be it first summer on the road since being garaged in California in 1986. It was a great 'covid lock down' project for us.
Hope you are all keeping well: drop a note and let me know how y'all are doing!
Sandy & Steve Gray

Hello there. This is Marc and Kris from Indianapolis (Tiffany's Dad). Not been on here much lately. Going to be selling XLR. Sad day for me. I love the car. Just retiring soon and having some health issues. Time to move on. If anyone interested. Will be posting on site soon.

Hello there. This is Marc and Kris from Indianapolis (Tiffany's Dad). Not been on here much lately. Going to be selling XLR. Sad day for me. I love the car. Just retiring soon and having some health issues. Time to move on. If anyone interested. Will be posting on site soon.
Sorry to hear you are selling the XLR, I absolutely love the Xenon blue and even more sorry to hear you are having health issues. Please do take care of yourself and enjoy your retirement.

Good to hear from you Sandy!! Yes,,,, You don't see much of the "ole" crew around here anymore. I do hear from Cubby every once in a while. I check in every so often. I kind of joined the trend. I did sell my X. To a wonderful guy in WI. I got a 2021 Vet C8 HTC now. Haven't had much time (or weather) to play with it much. Wish we could all get together again, those trips all were so much fun!! Maybe if they start up the BG plant tours we could all get together in BG again!!!! Mark,,, take care of yourself!!

Great to "hear" from some of the "old timers" on here! Still have my white XLR but my
youngest son treats it like his own. Spent the Sebring weekend (March 19-21) with Cubby and Supa who traveled down for the races.
We are planning on attending next year (March 18-20, 2022) and hopefully have others join us.
Stay healthy and don't let the Biden Flu ruin your life style.

Steve

Great to hear from you Steve. Not sure about the idea of having your son drive the XLR: I got to think he is having a blast though! I will be celebrating owning my XLR for 10 years on Wednesday. Only reason I remember the actual day is because I took possession of it on my friends birthday: she is still waiting for me to give her the keys. We never even made it down to Florida this winter: long story and border closures for driving etc. We plan on coming down just as soon as we are allowed to drive for a month (that may happen in July) or possibly combining it with a trip to the Oldsmobile Nationals in Nashville in August. (if we are lucky). Otherwise we will be down again in November. Never done Sebring yet: good intentions, just have not. Perhaps we will make a better effort next March, when you say 'we'- I assume Cubby and Supa will be back down?
Sandy G

Good to hear from you Sandy!! Yes,,,, You don't see much of the "ole" crew around here anymore. I do hear from Cubby every once in a while. I check in every so often. I kind of joined the trend. I did sell my X. To a wonderful guy in WI. I got a 2021 Vet C8 HTC now. Haven't had much time (or weather) to play with it much. Wish we could all get together again, those trips all were so much fun!! Maybe if they start up the BG plant tours we could all get together in BG again!!!! Mark,,, take care of yourself!!
Nice to hear back from you Chad. Nice 'swap', if not the XLR then 'why not a Vette'! Steve and I continue to play with classic cars always have some project on the go. Covid has been keeping us home a lot anyway so it is great to have that hobby!
Say hi to Rogene for me for me (and apologies if I spelled her name wrong) I would be great to see you both again! Hugs

Hi Sandy - Its been a while since I have been on here. Just seems like there is always something to do - either around my house, or around Devin's house (his house is about 5 minutes away from ours)... I feel like I have two houses now (but Devin has a nice 2 3/4 car garage that he so graciously lets me keep one of my cars at). Cindy now calls the '05 BASE, "her" car (but Devin will take it, when him and I bring the V and the Base to a couple of car shows). I do not see many folks online anymore either. Good to see you checking in (sorry it took me so long to reply to your post). Email me sometime. Health is good. Hope you and Steve are doing well.

Maybe if they open up the plant for tours!! We all ought to try and get together again!! I miss the "ole" XLR group!! (Even though now I have a C8)

Hi all. We still have our 06-V and still enjoy driving it. Sorry to hear that you are selling yours Marc. If you are ever up our way, give us a call.

I’m a little late to the party but good to hear updates from you guys. I too would like for us to get together again. And I about fell out of my chair that Chicago Dave’s Cindy is calling the “devil car” her own!!!
We don’t let our kid drive our XLR’s. Still got both of them, our area has really grown and traffic has gotten even worse so they don’t get to go out & play a lot. Apparently our kid plans to keep mine in a protective bubble when I go to the great road course in the sky. :rolleyes:
Take care all!

Well it certainly seems unanimous: we all miss each other and hope to do something again someday. I would be up to another BG gathering too. Take care everyone and safe driving to all - XLR or otherwise!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom