Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: K&N = almost 10 HP

BILLS_XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black/Shale XLR-V
I think I saw someone looking for stock dyno numbers...... I just did a couple of dyno pulls with a box stock '06 XLR-V. Run 1 is completely stock... 360.49 HP 355.53 torque Run 3 is with the K&Ns installed 369.36 HP 365.16 torque. Increase of 8.87 RWHP and 9.63 ft/lbs Torque. If I could figure out how to post or attach the dyno sheet I would.

Is there anyway to complete the same test on a non supercharged XLR? Secondly, are the results from the K&N's similar to the Volant system?

Is there anyway to complete the same test on a non supercharged XLR? Secondly, are the results from the K&N's similar to the Volant system?
CADI.
You can do the same thing with any vehicle and a dyno equipped shop that will let you change the filter elements between runs. Most shops charge between $75.00 and $125.00 for three "pulls" on their dyno. My results simply show the difference that exchanging the stock filter panels for K&Ns (33-2305) made. The volant system and the D3 for that matter completely do away with the stock air boxes and ducting between the atmosphere and the vehicle's intake system. Both aftermarket systems utilize large diameter tubing with very gentle bends and large conical filter elements to enhance the flow (volume) of air as much as possible. They both claim HP increases in the 40 to45 range and that seems quite reasonable. Hope this helps,
Bill

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back